Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid Question Regarding Xpel Stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So normally when I wash my painted cars, I am super anal with the type of towels I use and washing techniques so I don't create swirl marks.

On my Tesla MS, I ended up getting it wrapped with Xpel Stealth...so...I shouldn't have to worry about swirl marks correct?

2nd Question: Is it unrealistic of me to expect nothing trapped under the film? After getting it installed, I went over it very carefully and found about 4-5 total "specs" trapped under the film. My installer said he'll fix it...but am I being too picky?

So normally when I wash my painted cars, I am super anal with the type of towels I use and washing techniques so I don't create swirl marks.

On my Tesla MS, I ended up getting it wrapped with Xpel Stealth...so...I shouldn't have to worry about swirl marks correct?

2nd Question: Is it unrealistic of me to expect nothing trapped under the film? After getting it installed, I went over it very carefully and found about 4-5 total "specs" trapped under the film. My installer said he'll fix it...but am I being too picky?

JosefMS,

Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH to protect your Model S. You're correct in assuming that you do not have to worry about fine scratches and swirl marks because the STEALTH is self-healing.

2nd answer: I want to start by saying that there is no such thing as a perfect install. We're working with a clear 2D material that must be stretched onto a 3D object making it a very delicate installation process. That said, you are not being too picky. If there are really obvious specs or flaws in the installation, then take it back to your installer and see if they can fix it or replace it depending on the issue. If you'd like to email us those photos so we can take a look for you, we're more than happy to check them out. Send to [email protected].

In fact, as a thank you for getting STEALTH on your Model S, if you email us your t-shirt size and shipping information, we'll send out an XPEL Swag Pack for FREE.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Last edited: