Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupidest Made-Up Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(hint to thieves - look for the outlet with the grounding plug on the top!)

I actually install all plugs with the ground on the top.

There is no reason but convention as to which way to put which side up. But, if in say, a workshop you had a conductive piece of material slide down a cord or slide down the wall to the plug contacts you would get a short unless the ground was up. I have poised that scenario to a few electricians who adopted the thinking (at least in shops).

I used to have one of those safes in an old house. You also have to sharpie inside the holes because they don't go deep enough to cause any shadowing.

(Putting on my Stupid Hat...)

I've seen what happens to laptops with lithium-ion batteries! Why on earth would I buy a car that will burst into flames?

Who's the idiot who decided to run water through the battery pack?

I can hardly afford my electric bill now! How do you expect me to pay it when I plug in an electric car?

I've installed compact fluorescent lights to help the environment. Wouldn't plugging in an electric car just undo that?

With 6,831 batteries, wouldn't replacing the dead one be worse than replacing a dead Christmas tree light?

Does this mean there is no place to plug in?
no_outlet2.jpg

Read a new one today:
Forget electric cars! Thieves will steal’em just to get the copper. Then they will just junk’em.

Full Post:
Forget electric cars! Thieves will steal’em just to get the copper. Then they will just junk’em. In BC, we have guys taking down lightstands just to get the copper wire. They also take the light standards.
They steal large section of telephone cables for copper.
They will probably steal battery packs and electric motors and then sell them to less- than-honest repair shops as replacemnets for OEM units that have damaged in wrecks.
They will steal cars and drive them into shipping containers for shipment to the far east where gasoline quite expensive.

I heard electric cars are different from regular cars because they have a really long tailpipe. I have been looking at pictures of the Roadster but I can't seem to find the tailpipe anywhere. They must not have installed it yet on the ones in the pictures.

I was going to put one of these stickers on my car:
3223955063_9d12e91b33.jpg

6493853d413a7b899756b7ff9cbe0e31.jpg

But I need to know if the Tesla tailpipe is longer or not.

When I download a file, if I stop it part way through I have to start over again.
If I unplug the Roadster charger right before it is done charging do I have to start over again?

---

The power company is hooked up to the internet. When I plug in the Roadster can it get a virus through the cable so it will crash later?

When I download a file, if I stop it part way through I have to start over again. If I unplug the Roadster charger right before it is done charging do I have to start over again?

Yup. Downloading electricity works the same way. You're smart for figuring that out.

By the way, have you turned on the compression option in the VDS? The charging download goes faster if you do.