TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Sturgeon Bay Supercharger

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by allhands, Jul 15, 2017.

1. allhands

allhands Member

Does anyone know anything more about the upcoming Sturgeon Bay Supercharger? I thought maybe since they are building one in Green Bay right now they might have the same team put the new one up there. I'm not sure a permit has even been applied for yet since there's not mention on supercharge.info

2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

It usually appears on supercharge.info when someone finds the information from elsewhere and sends it in to them.

A good place to check would be local city council agendas/minutes or development applications.

I'm not sure about US local government but one of these sites would be a good place to start:
    Failing that, if you know which organisation is the best one, you can try phoning them and asking!

• Helpful x 1
  3. OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt Member

I've had that same suspicion that work on the Sturgeon Bay Supercharger could be going at the same time. These permits tend to easily fly under the radar. Sounds like a great excuse for my wife and I to make a ice cream run to Sister Bay and do some investigating :)

4. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

Talked to the City of Sturgeon Bay Building Inspector yesterday and he has not heard of any permit application from Tesla -- either city or county. He also mentioned that he's been receiving quite a few calls about this. :)

• Informative x 2
  5. allhands

allhands Member

Thanks for checking! I don't think they will get to this one until later in the year now that Green Bay SC is opening soon.

6. calisnow

calisnow Banned

Any update on the Sturgeon Bay SC?

7. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

8. hobapolis

hobapolis Member

Just yesterday I called both the city and county visitor bureaus; neither knew what a Supercharger was. Undeterred I put in a call to the building inspector and a few other departments but haven't had much luck.

Will update when I find out more information.

• Helpful x 2
  9. hobapolis

hobapolis Member

Not amazing news.

I spoke directly with the building inspector, Brett Timme (sp?), and he told me:

"If anyone should know about it, it would be me and I don't know anything".

He was very nice and was chuckled because he was speaking to the visitors bureau about the supercharger station today. No one in city government seems to know anything about it. To me, that's very strange. Clearly this won't be done in 2017. I don't live in Sturgeon Bay but I have a lake home in the area so I'm well-interested in seeing this through. I'll stay on top of this and update as much as possible when news because available.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1