Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sub / bass cutting out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
Anybody had issues where it seems like the sub and/or all bass cuts out for a few seconds and then comes back? I've had it start happening last few weeks and seems to be getting more frequent.

Yes, this has been happening to me for the last month, 18LR RWD. I put in a service request and they had me reset the screen which took care of it until a couple of days ago when the sound completely stopped. Reset again and has been fine since.

I'm hopeful it's a 2019.36.x FW issue that will go away.

Me too. Having owned my car for a year as of yesterday, I have gotten used to small issues like this being introduced by some firmware or other. I just take it in stride in exchange for the pace of innovation and new features I have received during the year I have had it.

I will happily trade little issues introduced like this in exchange for new features etc, especially since they eventually fix this stuff anyway.

Reactions: SigNC
A couple of times for maybe 2 seconds. It seems that during this time the screen is lagging/unresponsive so i presume that the bass has some dsp on it which makes it stop

yeah i've noticed same about the screen. If you try to change stations right when it cuts out it takes maybe 15-20 seconds for it to recover even though the bass itself is only gone very briefly.

I just experienced this issue today. My M3P is 2019 model. Just today, playing spotify will go "tick tick tick". then bass went out for 2 seconds, then resume normal. Not all songs is like this, but playing few more songs it will cut out 2 seconds again. Firmware is using 2021 version.

What 12V are you all running? And how old is it at the point when the bass starts to intermitently cut out?

Assuming cutting out, clipping happens with all media if it does at all aka flac/mp3, streaming, legacy RDS FM, etc?

Sometimes unplugging and replugging all the easily accessable plugs on the OE subwoofer assembly/amp helps to reset things too (especially if the bass appears to cut out more permanently and/or seems to re-route to the woofers).

What 12V are you all running? And how old is it at the point when the bass starts to intermitently cut out?

Assuming cutting out, clipping happens with all media if it does at all aka flac/mp3, streaming, legacy RDS FM, etc?

Sometimes unplugging and replugging all the easily accessable plugs on the OE subwoofer assembly/amp helps to reset things too (especially if the bass appears to cut out more permanently and/or seems to re-route to the woofers).
Mine was built 6/21 and does this.