Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the MS or MX have the controls available to the rear passengers to control their heated seats? Or, is it up to the driver to adjust heat for the rear passengers?

Just curious as I'm thinking of having this as an option.

Thanks.
As stated earlier the front row is in control! It should be noted that when you turn on any heated seat the setting "persists", this means if you leave the car with the heated seat on the next time you get in the car the same heated seat is on at the setting you left it when the car turned off. Not really an issue for the front row since you have a constant visual reminder (bottom of touchscreen and never goes away) if a rear heated seat is turned on you might not know you left it on until the next time you goto cold weather controls on the touchscreen. It's a nice feature in the winter for the driver (who is always in the car) but could allow you to leave a rear heated seat on for no reason for some time (it's happened to me).

On the flip side the heated steering wheel doesn't "persist", so you have to goto the cold weather controls page every time you'd like the heated steering wheel on ... I find this a tad bit annoying. But this annoyance can help you find a rear seat you accidentally left on so things kind of work out.

Reactions: Raindog1
As stated earlier the front row is in control! It should be noted that when you turn on any heated seat the setting "persists", this means if you leave the car with the heated seat on the next time you get in the car the same heated seat is on at the setting you left it when the car turned off. Not really an issue for the front row since you have a constant visual reminder (bottom of touchscreen and never goes away) if a rear heated seat is turned on you might not know you left it on until the next time you goto cold weather controls on the touchscreen. It's a nice feature in the winter for the driver (who is always in the car) but could allow you to leave a rear heated seat on for no reason for some time (it's happened to me).

On the flip side the heated steering wheel doesn't "persist", so you have to goto the cold weather controls page every time you'd like the heated steering wheel on ... I find this a tad bit annoying. But this annoyance can help you find a rear seat you accidentally left on so things kind of work out.

Thanks for your input. These are the small details everyone leaves out on their Youtube reviews.... Sounds like something they will need to work on in the future. Nevertheless.... the best car on the market.

Reactions: GasKilla
None of my rear seats persist. I wish they did but they turn off each time the car turns off.
I'll have to check mine again then, last time this happened I'm sure it was on an older software version
I checked and my rear seats no longer persist. I'm guessing that was and 8.0 change. Now if they could get my heated steering wheel to persist that'd be great

I checked and my rear seats no longer persist. I'm guessing that was and 8.0 change. Now if they could get my heated steering wheel to persist that'd be great
I guess it depends what you mean by 'persist'; do you really want the wheel heating to stay on once the car is warm or do you want it to come back on when you get back into the car? I would want the latter but the former would be unnecessary. Still, anything is possible with software. What would be nice is to be able to turn it on with the app when you pre-heat the car.

Hopefully with the refresh of the app, they'll eventually enable heated seat (and other) controls. This could allow passengers in the rear to control things themselves. It would be really nice if they could implement this via BlueTooth.

I guess it depends what you mean by 'persist'; do you really want the wheel heating to stay on once the car is warm or do you want it to come back on when you get back into the car? I would want the latter but the former would be unnecessary. Still, anything is possible with software. What would be nice is to be able to turn it on with the app when you pre-heat the car.
I mean turn back on when I get in the car if it was on when the car turned off, just like the front heated seats.

Reactions: croman
Heated steering wheel in LA? Someone's never had to hold the steering wheel at -16f & touching the steering wheel without their gloves on is painful. Folks in Montana will be pulling out the cargo shorts by the end of march because most of the snow has melted.
;)