TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sub Zero Weather Package - Remote Access

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Forty Creek, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

Just a heads up to those trying to use the seat heaters this winter. They can't be turned on with the remote app. Even if you turn the seats on at your last exit, they do not activate when the Climate Control is turned on remotely perhaps a future update will resolve this.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Have you sent an email to [email protected] to ask for it and explain why? My instant reaction was "Huh?" But thinking about it I get it.

3. e4chan

e4chan Member

Really...thought that was the whole point. Hmm...hopefully they have an update.

4. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

That also applies to the window defrosters. Being able to turn them on remotely during pre-warming is a no-brainer, but cannot be done.

The phone app is rather overdue for an update...

5. huntjo

huntjo Member

Seat heaters actually work quite quickly, unlike the fan and air heater which needs time to take effect. Heating your seats for 10-15 minutes before you get in the car is kind of a waste. Therefore it really isn't missed. That being said, I do believe I read that seat heaters are being added to phone app in future patch. It probably hasn't been added yet since seat heaters only just recently got added and as mentioned above, the phone app has not had any updates

6. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

I agree about the seat heaters - they are remarkably fast.

My comment referred to the window defrosters.

7. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

When turned on to #3 for the seat heaters, mine are HOT within 20 seconds. I usually do #3 to get them HOT, then turn them down to #1 as it is TOO hot.

8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

My last car (Cadillac CTS) would respond on remote start according to temperature: If cold, it would turn on heat, defrosters (front and rear) plus seat heaters. If warm, it would turn on the a/c and the seat coolers. It would be nice if the Model S did something similar. It seems to just activate the HVAC at the setpoint temp and nothing else.

9. huntjo

huntjo Member

I'm no physicist or whatever, but doesn't aiming for the set point accomplish exactly what you're looking for? Add heat if it's colder than the set point. Add cold if it's hotter than the set point. And so forth.

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Except in my previous car, as well as adjusting the temperature, it would also warm or cool the seats as needed and activate the front/rear defrosters in the cold.

The seat heaters were a nice touch, but they come on pretty fast anyway so not a huge deal. I do really wish the Model S would turn on (at least) the front defrosters in the winter. With no way to manually stand up the wipers to keep them from freezing to the glass (Sub-Zero Pkg. wasn't available when I bought my car) the defrosters would be a big help when preconditioning a car parked outside in the winter.