Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subaru announces the name for their EV: Solterra (joint project with Toyota BZ4X)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 Subaru Solterra coming in 2022

Subaru and Toyota have worked together previously (the Crosstrek hybrid is Toyota hybrid tech and Toyota got Subie's AWD tech for their version in exchange) and now they are doing it again for their EV launches

I do like the Solterra name quite a bit (Latin for sun earth) but as much as I hope it will be a good EV, I have my doubts considering that Toyota and Subaru have been rather stubborn in embracing fully electronic vehicles until recently and have some catching up to do
Still I had owned 9 Subarus prior to my recent MY purchase so I am excited to see what they can do

We’re actually looking at purchasing a Forester and I was noticing the lack of electric vehicles in Subaru’s lineup. Subaru positions itself as an outdoor, snow and off-road brand, and EVs don’t necessarily excel in those conditions. Granted, half of the subarus sold never see any of those things, but it’s all about image and perception.

2023 Subaru Solterra coming in 2022

Subaru and Toyota have worked together previously (the Crosstrek hybrid is Toyota hybrid tech and Toyota got Subie's AWD tech for their version in exchange) and now they are doing it again for their EV launches

I do like the Solterra name quite a bit (Latin for sun earth) but as much as I hope it will be a good EV, I have my doubts considering that Toyota and Subaru have been rather stubborn in embracing fully electronic vehicles until recently and have some catching up to do
Still I had owned 9 Subarus prior to my recent MY purchase so I am excited to see what they can do
yuk...looks like an outback/mustang ev mach looking suv wanna be thing...geez all these compamies have the worst design teams

I still remember when the Toyota FJ Cruiser were still on the market. Journalists hated them. Toyota can't get rid of them on the showroom floor.

10 years later. Some are worth more than new.

Time will tell.