Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Subforum Index: Electric Cars and Trucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggest adding the following. All were built in series production, and in my opinion they were significant.

This is getting to be a big job! If you wouldn't mind, please track down TMC/Electric Vehicle threads for those.

These will go into the new "obscure" category (running and ducking!).

- - - Updated - - -

I am oddly offended by the word "obsolete" for my Roadster. How about "production suspended" or "discontinued".

The section was named before someone insisted I put Tesla vehicles in the list. I'm a Roadster owner too, so don't feel bad! I'll change it to discontinued.

The PIA list is incredibly comprehensive. Why duplicate it? Perhaps ask Chad for permission to copy it with full credit?

I'm not trying to duplicate the list. This thread is just an INDEX into THIS section of the TMC forum. The goal is to identify all EV models that are / have been discussed and index them. This is to avoid having 15 stickies at the top of the section. Without stickies or at least a stickied index we get all kinds of proliferating threads.

I suggest adding the following. All were built in series production, and in my opinion they were significant.

Obsolete Cars (no longer in production, or never made it to production)
EREV/PHEV = Audi Duo
EREV/PHEV = Lohner Porsche Lohner-Porsche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BEV = Honda EV Plus
BEV = Baker Electric
BEV = Detroit Electric
BEV = Solectria Force
BEV = AC Propulsion Tzero (was not production built, but VERY significant)

In current production:
BEV = Bolder EV step van. http://www.boulderev.com/
BEV = Smith Edison truck
BEV= Smith Newton truck
BEV = Optare Versa bus. Optare Versa EV - YouTube
BEV = BYD K9 bus
BEV = Proterra bus

I found threads for a few of those and added them. Most of them I couldn't find a thread, or at least a reasonably dedicated thread. If you want to start a new thread for any of these vehicles, let me know and I'll index it.

Might belong under:

Discontinued Cars (including those that never made it to production)

BEV Volvo C30 Electric (test-bed vehicle available for select customers through lease only)

The link above directs to post #9 in this thread:

Volvo plans an EV

That thread starts out discussing an earlier Volvo EREV/PHEV-project, but starts covering the C30 Electric as well from post #9.

There is however also this thread:

New Volvo C30 fun web site

…,but IMO the first one linked above seems to be more comprehensive.

Toyota RAV4EV (2nd generation)
Limited production of 2600 vehicles started in 2012. Sold only in California, but at least 10 owned in other states. Tesla drivetrain.

One or two here in Ontario, Canada. Toyota brought them in to shuttle between their plants in Cambridge and Woodstock and from what I understand, had quite a time getting them certified for road use here.

Actually they didn't have to bring them in since the RAV (electric and ICE) is made in Canada.

They are at least partially assembled at the Woodstock, Ontario plant. My company does a bit of work with TMMC and I thought it was said that they actually had to bring the vehicles back (i.e. import) from California. There was apparently a huge amount or regulatory "red tape" associated with their use here. Next time I'm speaking with them I'll have to ask about this.