TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Submitting map corrections

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by jamnmon66, Jun 1, 2018.

1. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

How do we submit map corrections? A significant number of streets around me have the wrong speed limit. Pretty annoying when AP slows to well under the speed limit.

• Like x 1
  2. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

I have the opposite problem. There's a strict 25 MPH limit in my neighborhood, so I like to use TACC around my house. The maps think the streets are 55 MPH. Every time I start TACC, the car launches to almost 40MPH by the time I can scroll down to the actual speed limit.

Someone posted this. Don't bother--it doesn't work.

3. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Yep. I actually have both problems in different areas. Some too fast, most too slow.

• Like x 1
  4. Nathanael

Nathanael Member

I second this. Throughout the city, im seeing 100km/h in a 60km/h and a lot of 60km/h in a 20, etc

5. CCWgr

CCWgr Member

My post is about a street name correction: There's a frequently traveled east/west road in Southern Delaware called "John J. Williams Highway" -- named after a former Delaware Senator. The problem is, the navigation map has misplaced the "." (period) in "John J .Williams", putting it directly before ".Williams," so that the navigation lady says, "turn onto John J dot Williams Highway." Is there a way to report a spelling (or punctuation) error to whomever edits the navigation map? I'll admit, the first few times she said "John J dot Williams" was funny, but that's getting old. lol.

• Informative x 1
  6. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

Someone at Tesla is definitely capable of changing things on the map on the fly. Last week, I contacted them about the dangerous TACC behavior where engaging TACC automatically sets the max speed to the speed limit stored in the maps, resulting in sudden unintended acceleration if you are traveling slower than that speed. I provided GPS data of examples of where I could reproduce that behavior where the speed limit was wrong. Since then, the speed limits have disappeared from the map. Other streets nearby that I didn't report still have the incorrect speed limit in the map.

If you notice an error, send them a message through the Tesla website and because something may actually get done about it.

• Informative x 1
  7. Nathanael

Nathanael Member

To follow up, I actually submitted an incorrect speed limit via voice control bug report. Not sure if its a coincidence or Tesla actually fixed it, but its correct now!

8. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

They definitely make corrections in my experience as above.

How exactly did you submit the bug report by voice? I know you can say "report bug" (or something) but the last time I tried it didn't have a way to give any more information.

9. Nathanael

Nathanael Member

I report the bug while saying both "bug report.." and "..incorrect speed limit" all in the same sentence.

• Informative x 2