Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Submitting map corrections

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the opposite problem. There's a strict 25 MPH limit in my neighborhood, so I like to use TACC around my house. The maps think the streets are 55 MPH. Every time I start TACC, the car launches to almost 40MPH by the time I can scroll down to the actual speed limit.

Someone posted this. Don't bother--it doesn't work.

Reactions: cwmagui
I have the opposite problem. There's a strict 25 MPH limit in my neighborhood, so I like to use TACC around my house. The maps think the streets are 55 MPH. Every time I start TACC, the car launches to almost 40MPH by the time I can scroll down to the actual speed limit.

Someone posted this. Don't bother--it doesn't work.
Yep. I actually have both problems in different areas. Some too fast, most too slow.

My post is about a street name correction: There's a frequently traveled east/west road in Southern Delaware called "John J. Williams Highway" -- named after a former Delaware Senator. The problem is, the navigation map has misplaced the "." (period) in "John J .Williams", putting it directly before ".Williams," so that the navigation lady says, "turn onto John J dot Williams Highway." Is there a way to report a spelling (or punctuation) error to whomever edits the navigation map? I'll admit, the first few times she said "John J dot Williams" was funny, but that's getting old. lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Snerruc
Someone at Tesla is definitely capable of changing things on the map on the fly. Last week, I contacted them about the dangerous TACC behavior where engaging TACC automatically sets the max speed to the speed limit stored in the maps, resulting in sudden unintended acceleration if you are traveling slower than that speed. I provided GPS data of examples of where I could reproduce that behavior where the speed limit was wrong. Since then, the speed limits have disappeared from the map. Other streets nearby that I didn't report still have the incorrect speed limit in the map.

If you notice an error, send them a message through the Tesla website and because something may actually get done about it.

• Informative
Reactions: CCWgr
To follow up, I actually submitted an incorrect speed limit via voice control bug report. Not sure if its a coincidence or Tesla actually fixed it, but its correct now!

They definitely make corrections in my experience as above.

How exactly did you submit the bug report by voice? I know you can say "report bug" (or something) but the last time I tried it didn't have a way to give any more information.

My issue is such that The Tesla app on my Model S has an incorrect path out of my town. In brief, it does not navigate a crucial left turn at a t- intersection. Instead it has you make a right, go about a quarter mile, bear left at an upcoming street, then make a random u-turn on this street thereby reversing your course and continue through the T intersection thusly. The app on my phone does not do this. And, if I send from phone to Tesla, it continues the mistake. Any recommendations for correction? I wonder if this is one such instance about which I am aware, how many others are out there sending us on indirect and circuitous routes.

Reactions: cwmagui