TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Subprime Auto Lending Bubble and manipulation of Auto Stock Price?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by SwedishAdvocate, Aug 16, 2016.

1. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Apparantly there's a repeat right now of the Subprime mortgage crisis. But this time it's Auto Lending.

And here's some additional info about a what appears to be manipulation of the Stock Price of many Auto Makers (+ some expansion on the John Oliver Video above.)...

PLEASE NOTE: THE FOLLOWING VIDEO MAY VERY WELL BE NSFW. VIEWING DISCRETION MAY BE REQUIRED...

2. Newb

Newb Member

hilarious! :-D Thanks for sharing.

On a second thought, the thing is, it's really happening. And this might backfire at Wallstreet one day. Myopia and greed seem to be endless...

3. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

I can no longer edit my original post. I guess I should have started with Allegedly. Like in:

Allegedly there's a repeat right now of the Subprime mortgage crisis. But this time it's Auto Lending.

And:

And here's some additional info about a what allegedly appears to be manipulation of the Stock Price of many Auto Makers (+ some expansion on the John Oliver Video above.)...

Oh well...

4. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

True and (magnitude):
    Auto Loans Aren’t a Repeat of the 2008 Financial Crisis | Pragmatic Capitalism

The auto loan market is a small fraction of the mortgage market. So yes, there are plenty of similarities between the two - the auto loan market doesn't have the size to be a problem like 2008.

Sidebar to this conversation - I have a hard time understanding how a human being can make their living by preying on other human beings.

5. yesla

yesla Member

This is systematic classicism and to some extent, racism.
    Funny how the poor spend more on everything.

but the segment specifically said, its not going to cause any stress on the financial system.
    But i wonder what would happen if a big enough demographic files for bankruptcy at same time...