Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subs Anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering how many people took the dive in putting a sub in.

Specs, setup, and items used would be fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, I think the M3 has one of the better stock systems i've heard from a car, but the hypebeast in me wants to attempt to put a little more punch.

Yes. I just added a 10 inch sub to my SR+ since it has no sub and wow, what a difference. I’m a late 80s/early 90s hip hop head and this woofer blew me away

For simplicity sake, I went with this powered, enclosed beauty from Rockford Fosgate...

https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P1S4-10-10-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B004UFHX4W

It comes with its own amp. Very simple install. Total price with professional install was $370.

It comes with a remote dial that allows me to turn up and down the bass. Very handy when the wife or kid is the car. It’s installed in the trunk, up against the rear right seat and doesn’t take up much room. This thing thumps. I barely have to turn it on. The sound system now sounds amazing. Bass is all it needs.

Wondering how many people took the dive in putting a sub in.

Specs, setup, and items used would be fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, I think the M3 has one of the better stock systems i've heard from a car, but the hypebeast in me wants to attempt to put a little more punch.

Yes, the sub would work great with SR too. I stream via Bluetooth from my phone using Spotify and pandora. On the Tesla gui you can see the song, album art, etc and click to the next song using the Tesla screen or the controls on the steering wheel (and turn up volume too). So that’s pretty integrated. The sub also makes the regular radio sound sooo much better.

so this sub would be great with the missing speakers on the SR too? Is there a way to integrate it with Tesla's native GUI

Reactions: vickh
333F6305-E470-4E77-BE43-942FBFBEB63F.jpeg
E0F1AF03-E8C3-4F06-8538-E80084D33207.jpeg
Here are pics. Again, this is a Rockford Fosgate powered enclosed 10 inch Punch sub woofer (link above). Installed by Audio Solutions in Tempe, az

Who installed this for you, and can you please post some pictures?

Attachments

• D307FF63-DAE7-42A9-9DB1-FA67907AF5F8.jpeg
    D307FF63-DAE7-42A9-9DB1-FA67907AF5F8.jpeg
    661.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 8757933A-0519-4E23-91F6-54EA2C209CF8.jpeg
    8757933A-0519-4E23-91F6-54EA2C209CF8.jpeg
    786.6 KB · Views: 51
View attachment 399006 View attachment 399009 Here are pics. Again, this is a Rockford Fosgate powered enclosed 10 inch Punch sub woofer (link above). Installed by Audio Solutions in Tempe, az

Good setup! I'm looking for a audio shop in southern cali that has done for SR+ model.

Not only do I want the sub install but I also want to find out if there's a way to for audio shop to make the two rear trunk 4" speakers to work (maybe by using signal from the other speaker in front and powering it with it's own small amp?)

Good setup! I'm looking for a audio shop in southern cali that has done for SR+ model.

Not only do I want the sub install but I also want to find out if there's a way to for audio shop to make the two rear trunk 4" speakers to work (maybe by using signal from the other speaker in front and powering it with it's own small amp?)

Yes I'm also interested in doing this in San Diego if anyone knows someone. At least a subwoofer, the rear speakers too.would be great. Wondering where they pluggedin the subwoofer Dukefonner. I read some posts saying that there's a power supply under the rear seats but Tesla recommends not using them.

Yes I'm also interested in doing this in San Diego if anyone knows someone. At least a subwoofer, the rear speakers too.would be great. Wondering where they pluggedin the subwoofer Dukefonner. I read some posts saying that there's a power supply under the rear seats but Tesla recommends not using them.

I'm gonna attempt to do this myself after a fellow has done it to his SR+.
He basically got signals from other speakers and added aftermarket amp to power the 2 rear back speakers and the two tweeters at side mirrors.. also added the a second aftermarket amp and aftermarket subwoofer.

I ordered the pioneer ts-swx2502 10" shallow subwoofer and confirm it fits under the sub trunk area neatly, took up only half of this sub trunk area.

Follow on this read from user fstr aftermarket SR+ setup

Finally working with a shop local to me in the Bay Area to install a 12" RF P3 in the bottom trunk area (secret trunk) with a custom built sealed enclosure. Will try to document, but worst case you'll get the end results here. Labor is about 4 days, equipment is around $1,200

Reactions: lmorda
20190605_140301.jpg
Will get some higher res photos when time frees up.. But all is done! And Im more than satisfied with the work. Items list below, review after a week of listening:
Rockford Phosgate P3 10"
Kicker CXA 600 1200W Amp
LC6i Converter
Bass Knob under the steering wheel (will picture later)

Initial thoughts:
Rockford never fails to impress me on how much power and cleanness of bass can come out of it.. The response is amazing, and compliments the factory speakers SO MUCH MORE than I could ever expect them to.

No sponsorship from this place, just my personal recommendation if you're in the Bay Area. But Daniel and Raj were nothing but help through the build at Cars3S (https://www.yelp.com/biz/car-sound-security-and-safety-window-tinting-fremont-4) in Fremont. HIGHLY recommend for any audio needs, custom or not. They give you honest market pricing for equipment, and fairly reasonable prices on labor considering the quality you'll be receiving.

Will be taking better shots of the whole setup with my camera when time permits.

Reactions: TEG