Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subtrunk Organizer for 2022 Model S LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my 2022 Model S LR today! Took it home and no surprise my 2016 S sub trunk organizer is too large. I cannot seem to find any one that makes a sub trunk organizer for the 2021-2022 refresh. Did I miss something? anyone using anything useful? Thanks!

That’s good to know. Which organizer are you using? I think I got my organizer for the 2017 Model S from RPM Tesla, though the one on their site looks a bit different now. Hopefully someone will make a new one that will fit the refresh subtrunk. Seems like it’s much easier to find accessories for the Model 3 and Model Y these days, understandably.

Sorry, don’t remember- purchased 6 years ago and I have trouble remembering my breakfast order this morning 😀. Subtrunk in refresh is odd shape and most organizers are standard rectangle. Wonder about stripping the Velcro vertical dividers on current organizer - maybe that can create compartments.

Not a huge deal especially since I don’t even have the subfrunk cover - missing from delivery.

Reactions: EvolutionTeʂla
So, I finally got my subtrunk cover which makes it a real compartment to compartmentalize. Have not been able to find any organizer, but I was able to use the dividers from my previous organizer, which just have Velcro ends to them, and I was able to easily subdivide the subtrunk into several compartments on my own.

I’m not sure if you can buy dividers of various sizes with Velcro ends or not, but if you can this definitely makes it easy and infinitely customizable. Sometimes the easy solutions are the best solutions.

• Informative
Reactions: mnpT and cmarshack
So, I finally got my subtrunk cover which makes it a real compartment to compartmentalize. Have not been able to find any organizer, but I was able to use the dividers from my previous organizer, which just have Velcro ends to them, and I was able to easily subdivide the subtrunk into several compartments on my own.

I’m not sure if you can buy dividers of various sizes with Velcro ends or not, but if you can this definitely makes it easy and infinitely customizable. Sometimes the easy solutions are the best solutions.
Good idea. Given that the subtrunk (and frunk) have become smaller, no point in having it taken up by the entire organizer. Once I get my cover, I will do the same - take the subdividers and put it in.

what do you guys use the organizer for? I never had one in any of my cars I just keep a towel and a Bottle of quick detailer in the small side compartment of the trunk and if I ever get groceries they are just free to roam around and turn off the plaid mode :)

I asked RPMTesla if they are looking to offer a subtrunk organizer for the refreshed Model S (I have the previous one and can confirm it doesn't fit the new Model S). They said the following (on 08 SEP 2022):

I would be glad to inform you that we may be coming out with a product that would be compatible with the refreshed model S's. But for now we apologize for the inconvenience as we do not currently have any item compatible with the refreshed model S's for trunk/ sub trunk organizers.

These are also quite good, funny that they only stick to the carpet of the lower trunk (subtrunk?). Not yet used in the frunk…

@KalJoMoS I am going to look into those - thanks for sharing!

Reactions: KalJoMoS