Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subwoofer? Is that what the hole is for?

Which Subwoofer condition is yours?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if you look at https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/47286 there is only one part for the rear shelf, so I wouldn't think there are 2 different configurations for sub/no-sub just that they changed the part over time.

That link is for the Model S?

upload_2019-10-2_13-19-24.png

Okay, installed the frunk cover. Comes with a roll of chinese-version 3M tape, and a bunch of bolts that you can fit into any holes in your hood. I had 2, so I used two bolts.
View attachment 461852 View attachment 461853
Thank for the pictures. I just saw that on Amazon when I looked up the link for the trunk version. It was not available when I ordered, or I would have ordered it as well. It just gives the car a more finished look.

I have the sub with hole in the trunk. I also got the same cover as linked from Amazon. Trunk seems more finished and subjectively sounds like less road noise getting through. Could always just open a setback. Suprisiingly, subwoofer is still bassy as ever.

I have the sub with hole in the trunk. I also got the same cover as linked from Amazon. Trunk seems more finished and subjectively sounds like less road noise getting through. Could always just open a setback. Suprisiingly, subwoofer is still bassy as ever.

is there supposed to be a rattle when the deeper bass hits? I can definitely hear one coming from the rear. no hole.