Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subwoofer needed on 2021 refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 S with the UHF sound system. When I purchased the car, despite the fact that it had a subwoofer, low frequency sounds were sorely lacking. I added the NVX B.O.O.S.T. system to the car a couple of months after purchase and have found it to be excellent. My question with the new 2021 refresh S is, since there are 22 speakers in the new iteration, along with active noise canceling, can anyone that has taken delivery sound out about the new system and whether the low frequency sounds have been vastly improved, or if an add-on subwoofer is still needed?

I have a 2018 S with the UHF sound system. When I purchased the car, despite the fact that it had a subwoofer, low frequency sounds were sorely lacking. I added the NVX B.O.O.S.T. system to the car a couple of months after purchase and have found it to be excellent. My question with the new 2021 refresh S is, since there are 22 speakers in the new iteration, along with active noise canceling, can anyone that has taken delivery sound out about the new system and whether the low frequency sounds have been vastly improved, or if an add-on subwoofer is still needed?
In my opinion yes! I put a simple JL 8 with a dedicated 500 watt amp and the difference is night and day. Sounds so good now.

Reactions: Moose57
Upvote 0