Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subwoofer rattles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. Prior to purchase, I'd heard people say Tesla have lots of rattles so I was prepared before buying that I was likely to have some. To my surprise, with the radio off (or low volume), my X is great. No NVH or rattles. Crank the sub a bit and it's a different story. Have any of you removed panels and added dynomat or other sound deadening materials? I feel like it's a pretty small nit-pick and not worth the service center's time to ask them about it and honestly, if the music is loud enough, I don't hear them but I'm curious of your experience.

I've had a subwoofer panel rattle for about a month. My service center is replacing the panel for me tomorrow. I'm not sure if it is a new & improved panel or not, but hopefully it will fix my rattle. I only hear it during certain bass notes, but it is definitely annoying. My service center has fixed every nit-picky thing that I've asked them to fix, so I encourage you to do the same. I can't complain one bit - the customer service here in Honolulu is outstanding.

Reactions: TechVP and JHWJR
My whole P100D interior rattles, I can't stand to listen to music with any bass in it nor drive on a road that's milled (before they repave). They owe a few other things post delivery so I'm planning on taking care of this at same time.. Build quality, at least on rattles, seems insanely unsatisfactory.