TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tedster82, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tedster82

tedster82 Member

Hi, was wondering how the quality of the NVX was. For those who have it installed was it worth it? Are there alternative subwoofers to this? All help appreciated. Thanks.

2. smsprague

smsprague Member

I am happy with mine and I think it is a good improvement on the base system. Given the chance for a do over I would just have ordered the upgraded sound.

• Like x 1
  3. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

I have read comments from people with the NVX sub that say that it provides more powerful bass than the sub in the Tesla Premium audio system. Have you had the opportunity to compare your base audio system with NVX to the Telsa premium audio system and if you have, how did it compare?

4. kdday

kdday Member

I just installed my NVX and am plenty happy with the upgrade. Looks flush and is a perfect fit. Not a difficult installation at all.

Hardest part was wiring the amplifier through the firewall but got it done.

5. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

Where did you install the volume knob? In the NVX installation video they install it in the cubby shelf in the center stack below the screen. But I have also seen a photo of it installed next to the 12v power port in the center console.

6. kdday

kdday Member

I installed it in the Cubby so it's accessible without too much hassle. I regularly turn it up or down depending on the source playing.

7. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

I was wondering how much I would adjust the sub volume separately from the main audio volume. I was thinking that once I adjusted the sub volume to my liking that it would scale as I raised or lowered the main audio system volume. Am I wrong about that? Does the sub stay at the same volume level whether the main audio level is 2 or 6 for example?

8. kdday

kdday Member

The sub volume does dynamically change with your main audio volume setting as you would expect.

But I do still use the sub volume knob regularly to turn up or down the bass depending on the type of audio I'm listening too. It's easier and enjoyable to use and not mess with the on screen equalizer.

Not required to constantly change, but nice to have the option.

One important note is that it appears that when the base knob was not connected to my amp, the amplifier defaults the base at the low setting. Plugging the knob back in brought the base back up to the proper setting.

9. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

Thanks kdday.

Has anyone had the NVX Boost installed by a shop in the Orange County area of SoCal where they did a good job and the installation cost was around $500 (labor only), or $1500 including the NVX Boost sub kit?