TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Subzero Weather Package - Heated Wipers / Nozzles

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by cwave1, Dec 17, 2013.

1. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I had my first experience with a really cold and snowy day earlier this week. When the heated wipers were turned on it did not seem to make a difference with the wipers and I couldn't get any fluid out of the nozzles even after using the heated mode for my entire 1 hour commute.

Does anyone have positive or negative experiences with this feature?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The usual reason is that the wiper fluid isn't rated for a low temperature. Replace the stock fluid with some low temperature fluid.

3. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I'm using -40C RainX so that should be fine.

4. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

Haven't used the feature much yet. I wonder if it times out after a while?

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I have found the stock wiper blades very poor in freezing conditions. However, this has been true on just about every vehicle I've owned and I generally replace with winter blades during the snowy season. Guess I'll be doing the same on my Model S.

6. jefflieb

jefflieb Member

#6 jefflieb, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    My experience here in Boston on two separate snow events were that the wiper blades were a failure and presented an unsafe driving condition even after several stops to clear ice off them. I stopped by the service center today about just this situation...."they are fine sir" I do not have the winter package. I had a lengthy talk with the service manager as well