TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Successful completion of Condo charging installation

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by David29, Aug 30, 2016.

1. David29

David29 Member

Introduction: This post is to report a bit of good news. Nearly 11 months after taking delivery of my Tesla Model S 70D, I can finally “charge at home” like most Tesla owners do.

I posted this story over in the Model S forum. This short post is to provide Model X owners a link to it, since some of you may also be interested.

Find the full story here:

Successful completion of Condo charging installation – Now I can charge at home!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. VerityZooms

VerityZooms Member

I appreciate the cross-post, this is Very Relevant to me.

I clearly need to spend more time on the Model S forums! :p

• Like x 1
  3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Thanks for sharing David!

Having lived in a condo and served multiple terms on the board I know how hard this would be to get done. Complements to your perseverance!

• Like x 1
  4. Oursecondone

Oursecondone Member

you sound like you had a much harder time than we did...our board simply told us to find a solution they didnt have to pay for....I settled on an Evercharge unit-which is essentially a Bosch charger modified with an internal meter and a cell phone connection that reports use the Evercharge. They bill me and then reimburse the condo association. W e also had to have our space changed to one where conduit could be run to the unit, which cost me 1000.00. Its all gone well, and my wife and I trade off on charging dats between my X and her S...Evercharge provides insurance against building damage.

• Informative x 1