TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Successful Full Refund (Buy-Back / Vehicle Return) After Three Months & 636 Miles

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ChicagoP3D, Jan 24, 2019.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

Source?

For the purposes of the page at FFVR 29

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. super20g

super20g Member

Wowzers... Yea, totally validated... Glad it worked out for you and the biggest thing you lost was your time and some of your sanity.

3. r1200gs4ok

r1200gs4ok Member

if the car has been titled or registered to someone other than the dealer, it is used no matter how many miles it has

4. m3supra

m3supra Member

How long has business resolutions taken to make an offer after initial contact from the service manager? My claim was supposed to be submitted exactly a week ago, but there has been no contact...

5. gurtburns

gurtburns Member

I was told 7-10 business days and it was 8 I think.

• Like x 1
  6. m3supra

m3supra Member

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer that has dealt with Tesla?

7. Onyx M3

Onyx M3 Member

California Lemon Law Attorney | Sacramento | Patrea R. Bullock, Esq.

I just started the process through a lawyer here in Sacramento CA. I was denied a buy back from Tesla after waiting 2 weeks to hear back from the "buy back department" as the Rocklin SC called them. She states she only gets paid by the manufacturer if you win your case and if you lose you don't owe anything out of pocket. The retainer agreement states the same. If anyone cares I can update on the progress.

Here's my abbreviated story no one asked for.

State - Ca // Mid range 3 // Delivery date: 2-15-19

Car has been at the SC more than 10 times for the same issues and has been there for "extended service" (over 7 days for 2 separate appointments) to reproduce my concerns.

Day after delivery rear camera goes out like thousands of other M3 owners . (Takes approximately 2 weeks to receive an update to fix issue)

Since then the car has swerved while navigating on autopilot multiple times with no obstacles to avoid. (they still don't know why and tell me to keep making logs of the date and times.

The Bluetooh connection and the phone as key function have not worked until the latest 19.24.4 update. (that's 6 months for those counting) They told me it was my phone causing the issue, so I bought a new phone... 2 new phones and issue continued. Went back to old phone after the update and . . . You guessed it... It works fine.

Sentry mode would record and save all clips and fill up the memory stick with events of nothing.

There have been other issues but theses are the ones that bothered me enough to request a buy back for not getting fixed and not receiving answers for the issue besides "an update will come out at some point and fix it"

• Like x 1
  8. m3supra

m3supra Member

Thanks @Onyx M3

Does Tesla negotiate with their initial offer? My offer is a pathetic couple hundred bucks in credit and I'm wondering if they're trying to just lowball me.

9. Onyx M3

Onyx M3 Member

I can't answer that confidently because I was told they do not by the service manager, but like you I feel they have to be low balling people.

10. m3supra

m3supra Member

Part of the offer was free 1-year interval service.... which is almost nothing (filling windshield fluid?)..... garbage

11. Onyx M3

Onyx M3 Member

That's Absolute trash! I was given free service for my 2 4 and 6 year check up (which they stopped doing 1 month after offering it to me) for my back up camera going out the day after I took delivery of my M3. I think they knew the scheduled maintenance was getting removed when they offered it. I originally told them to take the car back then and that was the offer to get me to keep the car within the first 7 days. The fact that I wasn't the only one with the issue made it less frustrating.