Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudbury here we come

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That reminds me of my undergraduate days in Engineering almost 30 years ago. We used to make our own beer, both to save money and to compete in beer making competitions within the Engineering faculty. But there were times when you would run out of beer at 2 in the morning and you had a primary fermenter that had been bubbling away for a week and come to the conclusion - close enough! And the live yeast provided lots of good probiotics for your intestines.

I cannot go for the excursion for the whole day but I thought it would be kind of cool to pop over to check out the new Barrie Supercharger on Saturday morning while the convoy is dropping by, to maybe put some faces on the people on these threads. Would get there early enough to charge so as not to use a stall needed by the group.

I cannot go for the excursion for the whole day but I thought it would be kind of cool to pop over to check out the new Barrie Supercharger on Saturday morning while the convoy is dropping by, to maybe put some faces on the people on these threads. Would get there early enough to charge so as not to use a stall needed by the group.
There are 28 units in the two Barrie locations. Hope to see you there. Some of us might have to leave earlier in order to quick charge in Parry Sound as to not clog the units there and Sudbury.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I bought a few different Stack beers when I was through from Manitoulin last summer. I won't stop there again - I've never said that about another micro brewery in my life.

I could handle Shatter Cone, but the rest just tasted....off.

Enjoy the trip!

Hmmm.... I can't say that I agree. I quite like Stack's various beers.

Once upon a time, we had Northern Breweries in Sudbury. I'm still convinced that their product was a 50/50 mix of Molson Canadian and unfiltered Junction Creek water. But I find Stack to be the equal of pretty much any other good microbrewery.

I may just join you in Barrie. First nice weekend day in a while....lots of broken "stuff" on the farm to fix....but I think I can spare a couple of hours.....

Hmmm.... I can't say that I agree. I quite like Stack's various beers.

Once upon a time, we had Northern Breweries in Sudbury. I'm still convinced that their product was a 50/50 mix of Molson Canadian and unfiltered Junction Creek water. But I find Stack to be the equal of pretty much any other good microbrewery.
Yeah, I remember Northern Ale, Superior, and my fav: 55. I believe your recipe, above, is for that brew

• Funny
Reactions: sandpiper
So here we are in Huntsville.
We plugged in our vehicles and wham, boom, the Supercharger blew a fuse or circuit or something.
Tesla is trying to see what they can do. We might be able to crawl back to Parry Sound for a charge. Will keep you posted.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Dead chargers

Attachments

• E72BD2F6-857B-4D46-88B0-EBB7FACB03F8.jpeg
    E72BD2F6-857B-4D46-88B0-EBB7FACB03F8.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 26CDDBE0-8850-4A0F-A597-31C012F1E611.jpeg
    26CDDBE0-8850-4A0F-A597-31C012F1E611.jpeg
    621.9 KB · Views: 50
So how did you make it back?

We did some astute planning and calculations. Lowest charge remaining was the Model X with 107km rated range. The trip from Parry Sound to Huntsville was 91km. Taking a shortcut back to Parry Sound of 78km and all of us 5 cars driving at 60 kmh to 70 kmh got us back to Parry Sound. We had to abandon the visit to Pickering. Most of us got home way after midnight.

We did some astute planning and calculations. Lowest charge remaining was the Model X with 107km rated range. The trip from Parry Sound to Huntsville was 91km. Taking a shortcut back to Parry Sound of 78km and all of us 5 cars driving at 60 kmh to 70 kmh got us back to Parry Sound. We had to abandon the visit to Pickering. Most of us got home way after midnight.
What do you think? Success or not? I think it was a great idea!

Did you find out what happened with the SCs in Huntsville? There are a few other charging options nearby as Deerhurst resort has two HPWCs and at least one other L2. The Tesla website doesn't mention any issues with Huntsville so I hope no one else gets stuck with no charge.

Did you find out what happened with the SCs in Huntsville? There are a few other charging options nearby as Deerhurst resort has two HPWCs and at least one other L2. The Tesla website doesn't mention any issues with Huntsville so I hope no one else gets stuck with no charge.
Tesla suggested we go to Deerhurst except with 5 cars and two units operating at who knows what amperage, we would still be there.
Since this sort of thing hasn't happened anywhere else, could it be the local power authority hasn't put a strong enough circuit in there?

Don't know for sure - Deerhurst was considered, but with only 3 chargers of unknown status/accessibility at night in the winter and 5 vehicles and it being 10km+ in the wrong direction we decided to limp back to Parry Sound, since we'd all been there twice already and knew it was a working charger that would handle all of us, and we all had rated capacity to get there with ~15-25% margin. Deerhurst's much slower L2 options would have taken just as long if not longer than driving an hour in the wrong direction to reach another supercharger.