Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden decrease in Ideal Mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a 2010 2.5 Sport, mostly a Sunday Driver. Typically see ideal mileage of around 170 - 175 range. In the past month, the ideal has dropped to 82! The charge bar looks like half charged, so it appears to just need a charge. Range mode bumps it up a bit, not much. CAC shows 142. Any ideas?

Has the CAC changed in the last month? Ideal just reports what the current charge will get you, so if it needs a charge, can't really base what the ideal number is...unless it won't charge above the current number, which could mean a bad battery sheet...

I can't remember the last time I looked at the CAC, so I don't know if it has declined too. Attached is a photo of the ESS SOC, is there a log that shows the CAC values?

Attachments

• IMG_9875[1].JPG
    IMG_9875[1].JPG
    720.9 KB · Views: 99
I can't remember the last time I looked at the CAC, so I don't know if it has declined too. Attached is a photo of the ESS SOC, is there a log that shows the CAC values?

Looks like one or more bad bricks pulling things down. The charge stops when SOC MAX hits the limit, but your displayed SOC / range is limited by SOC MIN.

If you grab the logs, you can have a look at the text file with brick voltages. Should be able to see if it is one or more that are off from the others.

It could also be a bad voltage reading from the BMB, but much more likely to be the brick itself.

Regards, Mark.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: ICON and Roadster