TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sudden Inventory drop on EV-CPO.com

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ShadowR55, Jul 21, 2016.

1. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

I was looking through inventory yesterday and there were 300+ and now less than 100. Does this have to do with Elon Musk's Master Plan being revealed?

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

No, they do this all the time. The cars will be back.

3. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

How long before they start listing refreshed Teslas? I'm in the market for a refreshed P90D CPO.

4. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

I guess this is going to become one of thos mysteries of life if you are CPO shopping. I watched the last one and it took several months for cars to be re-loaded onto the website.

Note that in the meantime, many people were able to contact CPO advisors directly and get access to a "hidden" list of cars for sale.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

There were about 30 refreshed Tesla's listed as inventory models back in May. The numbers went down by a few and then they were all removed one day. I'm betting it will be a while before a refreshed CPO shows up.

6. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

Wonder what Tesla is doing with them other than stockpiling them until it moves the "non-refreshed" inventory?

7. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

I know when I was at the Tesla center that I could see refreshed models on their computer but the only way to tell was to look at the nose of the car in the pictures.

8. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

There's an option code that identifies refreshed models...but if you aren't a developer, it's not really something you can easily search for.

9. cab

cab Member

Most of the CPOs are actually still there so it must have been a bunch of (typically pricey) inventory cars that were removed...actually yes, I just looked at the historical data (requires a subscription) and its a bunch of Inventory cars (mostly P90Ds to boot)....I wonder if/when they come back if they will suddenly be P100Ds!

10. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

They removed two thirds of the cars that were on there yesterday. There isn't really any incentive to buy the inventory cars listed. There is no real savings, and they all are the old style.

Somethings happening here; what it is, ain't exactly clear . . . .

• Like x 2
  11. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

I remember this happening before, but don't remember if it was because they used some for loaners or if they are making changes to them to boost value. Anyways, like others say, it's not really a sign necessarily that these cars will not return.

12. cab

cab Member

The whole CPO program is really still a "sell certain loaners / higher mileage cars - most of which were trade-ins" and "Demo car" program now (more so the latter than the former). They seem to release a "batch" of the loaners every few weeks as CPO (just like they did about two weeks ago. Those cars tend to go quick...particularly the P85s.

• Informative x 1
  13. whitex

whitex Member

Look for them on ebay in a bit. That is what happened last December - a bunch of loaners, inventory and CPO's were wholesales to used car dealers. It made for an occasional super deals. This would allow tesla to stop sitting on inventory of aging pre-refresh cars. They could discount themselves but then they would be selling "new" cars at a heavy discount. This way used-car reseller pockets the rebate and resells a car as used (sometimes with less than 1000 miles on it). There were some good deals to be had last december and lasting into January.

• Informative x 1
  14. CarpetMan

CarpetMan Member

Just speculation here, but I'm wondering if part of it is due to a backlog at their service centers?
    I did order a P85 CPO about 3.5 weeks ago. I was told expect 3-4 weeks until the car would be delivered, but I've heard almost nothing about the status of the refurbishment. They said they expected to finish the work the week of July 11th.
    Since then my D.S. hasn't been able to give me any info other than it looks like they are still working on it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I thought the 3-4 week timeline was very optimistic, but I'm wondering if they don't have a backlog of a couple of weeks at the Service Centers so they don't want to get bombarded with more CPO orders at the moment.

• Like x 1
  15. cab

cab Member

Given that these are all inventory cars, I'd say there was little refurbishment and whitex may be right on...checking sites like Texas Direct and others in 3...2..1

16. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

..... and they're back. 320 cars listed now.

17. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

..... and they're gone again.

Ok j/k How often does that happen? I was searching eBay all day to see if I could get a good deal on an S for my wife.

18. cab

cab Member

and they're back...