Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden Inventory drop on EV-CPO.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this is going to become one of thos mysteries of life if you are CPO shopping. I watched the last one and it took several months for cars to be re-loaded onto the website.

Note that in the meantime, many people were able to contact CPO advisors directly and get access to a "hidden" list of cars for sale.

Most of the CPOs are actually still there so it must have been a bunch of (typically pricey) inventory cars that were removed...actually yes, I just looked at the historical data (requires a subscription) and its a bunch of Inventory cars (mostly P90Ds to boot)....I wonder if/when they come back if they will suddenly be P100Ds!

I remember this happening before, but don't remember if it was because they used some for loaners or if they are making changes to them to boost value. Anyways, like others say, it's not really a sign necessarily that these cars will not return.

The whole CPO program is really still a "sell certain loaners / higher mileage cars - most of which were trade-ins" and "Demo car" program now (more so the latter than the former). They seem to release a "batch" of the loaners every few weeks as CPO (just like they did about two weeks ago. Those cars tend to go quick...particularly the P85s.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
Look for them on ebay in a bit. That is what happened last December - a bunch of loaners, inventory and CPO's were wholesales to used car dealers. It made for an occasional super deals. This would allow tesla to stop sitting on inventory of aging pre-refresh cars. They could discount themselves but then they would be selling "new" cars at a heavy discount. This way used-car reseller pockets the rebate and resells a car as used (sometimes with less than 1000 miles on it). There were some good deals to be had last december and lasting into January.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
Just speculation here, but I'm wondering if part of it is due to a backlog at their service centers?
I did order a P85 CPO about 3.5 weeks ago. I was told expect 3-4 weeks until the car would be delivered, but I've heard almost nothing about the status of the refurbishment. They said they expected to finish the work the week of July 11th.
Since then my D.S. hasn't been able to give me any info other than it looks like they are still working on it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I thought the 3-4 week timeline was very optimistic, but I'm wondering if they don't have a backlog of a couple of weeks at the Service Centers so they don't want to get bombarded with more CPO orders at the moment.

Reactions: JPUConn