Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden loss of charge amount and driving mileage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seemed like over night but not actually, I went from 90% charge at 232 miles to 220. Also, i drive the same route to work (almost all highway and country roads) and doing the matb, lots of time im getting 10-12 miles less during my commute. Anyone else all of a sudden see this? (Model s 85)

The heat is most likely keeping your cooling system running full time. My range has gone from 245 to 211 over time. My pack is a 2012.

Attachments

• IMG_20200213_191213916.jpg
    IMG_20200213_191213916.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 77
It seemed like over night but not actually, I went from 90% charge at 232 miles to 220. Also, i drive the same route to work (almost all highway and country roads) and doing the matb, lots of time im getting 10-12 miles less during my commute. Anyone else all of a sudden see this? (Model s 85)

Welcome to chargegate and batterygate. What's your cell voltage at 90%?

I just drove home from our lake home 138 miles north of us and when I got about 6 miles from home my 2015 Models S 85D started warning me about the range/battery level and slowing down, first to about 55mph and then two miles later only about 35 mph max. I made it another 4 miles after the warnings started to an off-ramp and the car stopped with 26 miles left on the range. I started with 224 miles of range and drove 136 actual miles of all highway/freeway at about 65-75 mph with only two or three stoplights. I make this drive about 20 times each year and made it yesterday and had the normal 45-65 miles of range left when I arrived. I just had it towed to the Tesla service center which thankfully is 2 miles from my house. The gave me a loaner and am waiting to here back. My full charge range reading was 272 miles when new 5 years and 99,500 miles ago and now max range reading is about 234 miles. I've had basically zero issues so far other than all 4 door handles have been repaired.

It will be interesting what they come back with and I'm obviously hoping it's a new battery. I've used a Supercharger only 6 times in the last 2 years and at home, we charge at only 48 amps. I almost never charge past 80% or run it below 60 miles on the odometer.