Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I made a video summarizing Tesla capping my battery. I hope this video brings more eyes onto the issue, and in turn, pushes Tesla to make this right by replacing the defect in the car. The precedent set by Tesla degrading batteries via an OTA update is bad for all owners.

I'm not big into social media, so if you have the reach, could you please help spread the word.

Tesla advertised a car that could do XX, but due to a defect, they downgraded the car after the purchase. Now the car can no longer get the range and performance that was originally advertised.

Hey guys, I made a video summarizing Tesla capping my battery. I hope this video brings more eyes onto the issue, and in turn, pushes Tesla to make this right by replacing the defect in the car. The precedent set by Tesla degrading batteries via an OTA update is bad for all owners.

I'm not big into social media, so if you have the reach, could you please help spread the word.

Tesla advertised a car that could do XX, but due to a defect, they downgraded the car after the purchase. Now the car can no longer get the range and performance that was originally advertised.

I am envious. A great job. I will certainly be adding a supportive comment to the YouTube video. It should get wide coverage. And very well phrased! Excellent work Tri.

Done. Comment added to YouTube video. (like Trip has done, be careful how you phrase comments. Don’t make accusations you can’t prove - it’s a very public forum).

Last edited:
Reactions: DJRas and Droschke

Thank you! Very informative, well done and to the point. Please check your PM.

Unless something changes, I am in a bit of a quandary in a couple of years when I look at replacing my S. At the end of the day, my trust in Tesla is deeply shaken. As early adopters, we knew we were getting science projects, so I have less of an issue with tech not working quite as planned than I do with Tesla's subsequent handling of the issues. I no longer trust Tesla to do the right thing anymore. They have shown they are more than willing to act unilaterally for their benefit. I would dearly love to replace my S with another Tesla, but I work too hard for my money to continue to hand it over to a company that does not respect me as a customer.
You can buy the Ford Mach-E, Audi e-Tron, Jaguar i-Pace, Porsche Taycan, and Mercedes EQC. Lots of options and no need to be tied-down to Tesla anymore. We are seriously considering a Ford Mach-E as our next SUV to replace our aging Toyota Highlander. It's the most Tesla-esque of the new EV offerings, has a kick-ass interior, and has some great features that are completely beyond Tesla's capabilities because Tesla doesn't actually listen to its customers—it only listens to Elon Musk.

I am envious. A great job. I will certainly be adding a supportive comment to the YouTube video. It should get wide coverage. And very well phrased! Excellent work Tri.

Done. Comment added to YouTube video. (like Trip has done, be careful how you phrase comments. Don’t make accusations you can’t prove - it’s a very public forum).

Thank you very much for your support.

Thank you! Very informative, well done and to the point. Please check your PM.

PM'ed you back. Thank you.

It would seem that he did...

Tesla Update May Have Lowered The Model 3's Range As Well

If tesla loses their most widely known cheerleader, a guy that has won 3 tesla due to referrals, they're in trouble.

But if you follow his videos you will see that in his next video he pretty much retracts that and says he didn't know what he was seeing in the first one. Then he goes on with getting CANBUS data and shows that he is still charging to 4.2 volts. So his Model 3 has not been capped.

But if you follow his videos you will see that in his next video he pretty much retracts that and says he didn't know what he was seeing in the first one. Then he goes on with getting CANBUS data and shows that he is still charging to 4.2 volts. So his Model 3 has not been capped.
Didn’t the EV article specifically specify that Bjorn thought they had capped the bottom, not the top? If so of course the battery would still be showing 4.2V.

And the obvious question; what is the primary advantage of capping the bottom rather than the top?

Reactions: Droschke

Great job!!!!

Reactions: Droschke

Is there anything else left on your list to apologize for Tesla?

You can buy the Ford Mach-E, Audi e-Tron, Jaguar i-Pace, Porsche Taycan, and Mercedes EQC. Lots of options and no need to be tied-down to Tesla anymore. We are seriously considering a Ford Mach-E as our next SUV to replace our aging Toyota Highlander. It's the most Tesla-esque of the new EV offerings, has a kick-ass interior, and has some great features that are completely beyond Tesla's capabilities because Tesla doesn't actually listen to its customers—it only listens to Elon Musk.

Yeah, I have been tracking all of those as they make their way to market--initially out of idle curiosity, but a bit more seriously these days--they are all reasonably compelling cars. The other factor is how folks like Electrify America and the like do with their charging infrastructure build-out. End of the day, my first choice is Tesla does the right thing.

The other factor is how folks like Electrify America and the like do with their charging infrastructure build-out.

How well would it be for the Tesla superchargers going forward?

Too many Model 3's to start with and now the impacted cars occupying the charging stalls for hours. I already see the batterygate and chargegate affected cars' impact on the supercharger availability.

Reactions: lightningltd

Great job explaining the issues so simply. Two thumbs up!!!

Reactions: DJRas and Droschke