Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't recall them ever saying you could charge 10-90% in 20 minutes. I do recall them saying in as little as 30 minutes, but I thought that was 10-80%. (Which is what their site appears to still demonstrate.)
I remember Tesla advertising 150 miles of range in 20-30 minutes. I don't remember Tesla advertising a percentage range, at least not in 2013 when I bought my car. Of course that was 6 years ago, I could be mistaken. Tesla wants us all to forget what they promised back then!

This blast from the past, courtesy of the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, from about the time I took delivery of my S. It does say half a charge in 20 min.

upload_2020-1-22_12-53-11.png

This blast from the past, courtesy of the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, from about the time I took delivery of my S. It does say half a charge in 20 min.

View attachment 503259

in 2015/16 the SuC speeds advertised were 0-80% in 40 minutes and 0-100% in 75 minutes.

also says 170 miles in 30 minutes.

My new batterygate/chargegate speeds were from circa 26% to 100% in 2hrs and 16mins.

165C4DBD-313D-4675-87A0-9291E00B2F3B.jpeg

Teslafi is no longer showing the 4 v8 cars in the software tracker. My car is connected but in the software tracker my current software version no longer appears. Wondering if the existing API on my car for that query stopped working through the service.

This was preceded by my LTE connection going down for several hours only to come back but on 3g instead which is what it's connected to now.

Hopefully this isn't a prelude to open vpn termination as only v8 and older use vpn.

just hit thumbs down with nary a word isn't (normally) leading to a discussion

On the other hand, the "informative" rating of that post made it appear on the daily top posts, sadly, the claim is exaggerated so it's not entirely informative is it? A down vote (like I also used) on that post can help inform others that there is something more to the post to be evaluated than just at face value. A down vote has a purpose, and it's not an insult, it's an indicator.

It's not a down vote, it's a "disagree" or in most uses "MP3mike read this" - disagreeing with someone's description of their normal life is... special. Nobody disagrees with normal mundane descriptions of driving habits.

Good to know some people use it to try and suppress certain things from being visible. That is very interesting take on the "mp3mike read this" button, thank you!

They didn't write the law just for Tesla. The law just says all auto manufacturers will be fined for not reporting within 5 days of discovering an issue.
Tesla discovered and investigated back in April/May. They're hundreds of days late so the fines go up.

We don't want laws written specifically for Tesla - that's how Michigan banned sales and service.

The action hasn't been processed. It is under review though. If a recall is deemed appropriate then their fine will be millions (but probably not the $700,000,000 that went to Takata).
The bolded section was kind of my point, nothing has been determined. Anytime a customer has a faulty part on a vehicle I don't think every OEM automatically informs NHTSA, there would be a recall on every part of every vehicle. There must be some threshold which determines when that action may be taken.

The bolded section was kind of my point, nothing has been determined. Anytime a customer has a faulty part on a vehicle I don't think every OEM automatically informs NHTSA, there would be a recall on every part of every vehicle. There must be some threshold which determines when that action may be taken.

No threshold for the issues related to the areas mentioned below:

"NHTSA is responsible for reducing deaths, injuries and economic losses resulting from motor vehicle crashes. This is accomplished by setting and enforcing safety performance standards for motor vehicles and motor vehicle equipment, and through grants to state and local governments to enable them to conduct effective local highway safety programs.

NHTSA investigates safety defects in motor vehicles, sets and enforces fuel economy standards, helps states and local communities reduce the threat of drunk drivers, promotes the use of safety belts, child safety seats and air bags, investigates odometer fraud, establishes and enforces vehicle anti-theft regulations and provides consumer information on motor vehicle safety topics.

NHTSA also conducts research on driver behavior and traffic safety, to develop the most efficient and effective means of bringing about safety improvements."

Who We Are and What We Do | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

It's not a down vote, it's a "disagree" or in most uses "MP3mike read this" - disagreeing with someone's description of their normal life is... special. Nobody disagrees with normal mundane descriptions of driving habits.

Good to know some people use it to try and suppress certain things from being visible. That is very interesting take on the "mp3mike read this" button, thank you!
Your continuous bashing of someone who has contributed good information to this thread is getting old. Just drop it and move on.