Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So 2 + 2 no longer equals 4 unless Tesla says it does? Tell them to pull up the BMS data themselves, while you are there, and show you where you went wrong. Maybe play dumb and confused, so they think they can snow you with the data, kinda like Columbo, " umm excuse me Sir, I can't really understand this stuff, but maybe you could help explain it to me a little bit ".

That's the hilarious/f-ed up thing. Tesla refuses to acknowledge CAN bus data from the car as evidence and at the same time they refuse to let anyone see any data they are getting from the car. It's like arguing in court that you won't accept evidence from the other side while at the same time refusing to show your evidence, all the while claiming you are wrong and they are right.

Seriously, I can't wait for the lawsuit to go in trial. That attitude won't fly in court. Especially since they already admitted they are artificially limiting the batteries.

Quick update: they confirmed they are replacing the HV battery and the replacement should get to the SC tomorrow--not sure what is showing up, but should know tomorrow. Turnaround seems to be pretty quick (car went I on the 23rd), but I am sure being is CA helps.
You think your role with the NorCal Tesla Owners Club is part of why you go their attention? All good, but wondering how they work.

Great news. I’m really pleased you are getting sorted.

Sweet! Congrats!

Thx :). I hope this is the start of a broader trend.

You think your role with the NorCal Tesla Owners Club is part of why you go their attention? All good, but wondering how they work.

We have a good working relationship with the Rocklin store and I personally know most of the folks there, but I don't think I got any special treatment on this issue. Based on a couple of long-running issues we have with our X, I am confident I am not getting any special treatment on service issues. :)

They aren't allowed to let you see the data any more, and if they do pull out your phone and try to take a picture. That's fun because they scramble to shhut off the screen to stop you. Tesla is afraid of letting your data get out! They must have sent threatening letters to every service center because the photo reaction to me saving my own data was ridiculous.

They aren't allowed to let you see the data any more, and if they do pull out your phone and try to take a picture. That's fun because they scramble to shhut off the screen to stop you. Tesla is afraid of letting your data get out! They must have sent threatening letters to every service center because the photo reaction to me saving my own data was ridiculous.

I really think that as part of any mediated agreement, or failing that, a judgment at trial would be that Tesla provide more data on our cars to us from the touchscreen. Most ICE cars have gauges for oil pressure, radiator temperature, and 12V battery charging/discharging. Idiot lights went out of favor in the '70s-'80s. And Tesla does not even supply idiot lights! (Yeah, I get the cold battery notice at 20% when I put the car in park.)

We should be able to pull up battery temperature, Supercharging efficiency (for lack of a better term), and overall battery cell readings. Too bad if the Service Centers get inundated with calls from ignorant owners. A brief explanation to accompany these data would help out a lot.

And Tesla does not even supply idiot lights!
Not disagreeing but they totally overdo the idiot lights for random things. My air suspension had an error and instead of telling me what was wrong with a nice text display message it popped up a yellow Escalade looking SUV icon at the top of the cluster until I got it fixed. Tesla's only constant is its inconsistency!

Reactions: Droschke
Not disagreeing but they totally overdo the idiot lights for random things. My air suspension had an error and instead of telling me what was wrong with a nice text display message it popped up a yellow Escalade looking SUV icon at the top of the cluster until I got it fixed. Tesla's only constant is its inconsistency!

I had this happen to me as well and if it turns red if really does not like you. :) I live in Mn and it gets cold here and supposedly the pressure relief valve freezes so it shuts the system off when that happens, thats what the local SC told me.

I really think that as part of any mediated agreement, or failing that, a judgment at trial would be that Tesla provide more data on our cars to us from the touchscreen. Most ICE cars have gauges for oil pressure, radiator temperature, and 12V battery charging/discharging. Idiot lights went out of favor in the '70s-'80s. And Tesla does not even supply idiot lights! (Yeah, I get the cold battery notice at 20% when I put the car in park.)

We should be able to pull up battery temperature, Supercharging efficiency (for lack of a better term), and overall battery cell readings. Too bad if the Service Centers get inundated with calls from ignorant owners. A brief explanation to accompany these data would help out a lot.

Similar to your wish list, I've posted earlier in this thread regarding the need for additional information, specifically the CANBus type of data (provided by the 3rd part tools) which Tesla should display somewhere on the 17" monitor.

Interesting enough, with the new 2020.4.1 software update there is a new tab called "Additional Vehicle Information". The information you and I are talking about should be under this new tab, not what you see below which is rather worthless:

2020.4.1 Additional Vehicle Information.png

Yup, what's the purpose of the type of info they are showing?

Maybe they get a lot of support requests asking what AP/cold weather/audio hardware is in a car. Now people can see it for themselves without having to take up an Tesla support people time.

I suppose they forgot to list the color of the car too!

That is already displayed on the screens, so it doesn't need to be duplicated.