Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure - get ready to brush up on your Danish ;-)

Sure - get ready to brush up on your Danish ;-)

Thanks. I see it's for the Chargegate (not the Batterygate).

Limited information available on firmware downgrading out there. Can anyone verify if this procedure that I found on another site is correct?:

1. dd the firmware image to the offline partition
2. flashcp the correct kernel to the offline nor bank (mtd9/10)
3. modify the mtd7 (env) to boot from the offline bank (or use cid installer setenv)
4. after reboot do a service-redeploy
Steps 1 & 2 done but I'm struggling with step 3, if anyone can help with this please PM me.

Reactions: gmo43
Don't extensions have to be agreed to by both sides? I don't understand why all of these extensions are being granted, but I also don't understand this level of the legal system. I also don't understand why Plaintiffs' attorneys aren't shaking the media tree and making a lot of noise. If for no other reason than to start shaping public opinion in a way to hurt Tesla's sales. I guarantee a quick settlement after a few press conferences.

Why are these attorneys not being more aggressive? Maybe you guys hired a snowflake. In the absence of progress through the courts there should be press conferences, press releases, briefings, whatever it takes to get Tesla to settle. Plaintiffs should be done playing nice and should now be playing to win.

Reactions: Chaserr and gmo43
Trial lawyers should weigh in on this.

My uninformed and ignorant opinion is that cooperation between adversaries works more often that ultimatums and force. The last thing a lawyer wants is to have an "oops!" moment when he is rushed into making decisions, thereby fouling his case.

Most civil actions do not want to go to trial. Juries are unpredictable. They get mighty expensive with all the pretrial litigation, discovery, depositions, and more. Sometimes motions or other litigation is appealed. That tacks on more costs and delays to trial. Then there is the public relations angle: Will the public perceive Tesla as a corrupt, greedy, and careless corporation, or will they perceive us owners as whiny little b*tches who cry foul when things don't go our way? Especially when we consider that BEV technology is new and innovative, perhaps we will wind up with egg on our faces should the trial publicity paint this sort of picture. Lawyers know rhetoric and know how to be deceptive and disingenuous with facts and events.

I would suspect that during this mediation period there is a gag order between the parties. It is dollars to doughnuts that any settlement will include some sort of nondisclosure arrangement. Hence no publicity from plaintiff's counsel. I will even go so far as to opine that whatever the outcome is, we class members won't know anything more than what we have spent the past two years and nigh on 15,000 posts discussing. DJRas, as lead plaintiff will know. But he will have pinky-sworn not to tell.

I would suspect that during this mediation period there is a gag order between the parties. It is dollars to doughnuts that any settlement will include some sort of nondisclosure arrangement. Hence no publicity from plaintiff's counsel. I will even go so far as to opine that whatever the outcome is, we class members won't know anything more than what we have spent the past two years and nigh on 15,000 posts discussing. DJRas, as lead plaintiff will know. But he will have pinky-sworn not to tell.

Well stated 👍

Reactions: aerodyne
Sorry if the focus / interest of the thread has moved away from technical and more towards legal process, but I stumbled on an old 2018 Design News article on Dendrites (and also pre-Dendrites and non-dentrites) that seems fairly easy reading and still interesting / pertinent.

"Without seeing what is happening inside, you could be easily fooled by the seemingly reasonable voltage, but, really, your battery has already failed."

I did search to see if this has previously been posted and found nothing. Kind of old, but made me wonder what monitoring could be done outside of the cells purely based on electrical characteristics that would be able to determine these different states developing.

• Informative
Reactions: Guy V and gmo43