Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? How do you know that?????
I don’t know whether you mean how I know i’m not affected or that majority is not. I answer both.

I know, that I’m not affected, since my 90% is the same as it has been before. Those who are affected have seen their range diminished.

I know that majority is not affected, since it would cause much more traffic to this thread and it would also cause more press visibility.

I believe percentage of affected is single digits (WAG). But of course Tesla needs to reimburse them.

I have noticed slower super charging and when I had about 20% left it started out at 95kw, then 66kw half way through then dropped to 48kw. My loss in range has stayed consistent even after going on a road trip no change still lost 30+ miles.

I don’t know if this info is helpful but I used to get 118kw before the update.

• Helpful
Reactions: Droschke and DJRas
Sadly it isn’t. I bought a S70. After only a couple of months it showed 68.5kWh capacity, for 3 years. After the download it showed 58.5kWh capacity, and has remained at that level ever since (3 months). So now I don’t even have a S60. But yes, it’s probably better than an impacted S60 which would probably now be a S51. Maybe a Leaf is better than an impacted S60.
Well... my S 85 is now an S 60 (60.2 kWh available)
Unfortunately, degraded S 60s now have 45 kWh with 160 mile range (i have seen 2 like this). But, also, that is not software limited (still charges to 4.2 volts).

How does one know if one is affected? Would we have to suffer sudden range loss? What if those of us who did not suffer the sudden range loss now suffer slow, gradual range loss as our batteries build up to the affected condition?
Cars that are affected normally present with a sudden and dramatic loss of Range, normally an overnight loss of 10-15%. Or, if you know how to find it, a drop in usable capacity. Or, if your consumption seems to be far higher, ie 33% or more. If it’s a slow but gradual range loss, that’s likely to just be degradation.

Well... my S 85 is now an S 60 (60.2 kWh available)
Unfortunately, degraded S 60s now have 45 kWh with 160 mile range (i have seen 2 like this). But, also, that is not software limited (still charges to 4.2 volts).

This is how Tesla has planned all this out. It all makes sense now:

S85 >>> S75 >>> S/70 >>> S60 >>> S40 >>> Smart Ev ;)

I know that majority is not affected, since it would cause much more traffic to this thread and it would also cause more press visibility.

More traffic than 691-gate? That effected EVERY P85D in existence and even that thread had less traffic than this one.

I think the vast majority of effected cars have not been noticed by their owners yet and the majority that have been effected are not in this thread or even on this forum and that every one of them that did complain to Tesla was simply told by Tesla that their battery is fine.

It won't be until class is certified that EVERY potential effected owner will be told about it.

• Love
Reactions: DJRas and Droschke
Have you seen another S60 owner like myself with usable capacity now reduced to 46.7kWh ?
Yes, one was a guy I see at Temecula Supercharger and the other was the basis for the CPO suit.
They told him the car would have 208 miles at full charge. When he fully charged the first time it only hit 167 and he was pissed. Been trying to get it resolved for almost 2 years.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke