Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, car on 8.1, contactors reach the fault counter, message pops up to contact Tesla Service. Service drops something into pack while replacing contactors. Battery has to be sent to Fremont. Fremont ships replacement pack. Software downgrade to 2019.32.2.2, and neutered pack at the same time.

Awesome customer service! Granted, the SC, didn’t choose the replacement battery pack.

What software version were you on before this happened?

• Love
Reactions: Bilen
So that makes it ok?

I didn't say that, I was just making an observation.

It seems like if the cause of the capping was a safety issue they wouldn't put a capped battery back in as a replacement.

Or there is the option that the restriction on your current pack is a false one that needs cleared. (I think someone else mentioned that a fault flag was set on a replacement pack he got and that Tesla had to clear the flag to get his battery back to normal.)

No, car on 8.1, contactors reach the fault counter, message pops up to contact Tesla Service. Service drops something into pack while replacing contactors. Battery has to be sent to Fremont. Fremont ships replacement pack. Software downgrade to 2019.32.2.2, and neutered pack at the same time.

Awesome customer service! Granted, the SC, didn’t choose the replacement battery pack.
ok yeah that's still nutty. you have a perfectly good battery that they ruin, and they give you a crappy one to replace it. crazy.

Reactions: Droschke
85kwh replaced with 85kwh neutered.
Actually if they offered me a neutered pack, as in 90 neutered to 70, I would be delighted. Operating a neutered pack means the less stressful environment Tesla have put all our batteries in through capping. So I would then have a battery that would have a less stressful life, a long life, and I would get my range back, and faster charge times.

Reactions: lightningltd
I think it is time for someone to post the details of the class action here to remind others what it is about and how to join in without going through all 286 pages again please.

I for one have had enough and would be PROUD to join in.
You're already "joined in" - Ras's attorney is very good. He names a lot of individual charges that cover everything discussed in this thread, and assuming the case goes forward you should automatically be included. Essentially every early Tesla owner is - it includes intentionally increased supercharging times as well and I believe that was a universal downgrade.

I don't have the link offhand but it's worth finding the actual filing. It's extremely well crafted.

You're already "joined in" - Ras's attorney is very good. He names a lot of individual charges that cover everything discussed in this thread, and assuming the case goes forward you should automatically be included. Essentially every early Tesla owner is - it includes intentionally increased supercharging times as well and I believe that was a universal downgrade.

I don't have the link offhand but it's worth finding the actual filing. It's extremely well crafted.
Thanks
Tesla Class Action Alleges Defective Batteries | Top Class Actions