Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be wasteful as it is only intended to be used to improve your charge rate (i.e only applicable to Supercharging)
I guess it could be used to speed up time to full Regen; for that I found out that spirited driving is quickest way to warm up battery!

Actually best way overall is to leave your car in a 60+F garage when not driving...

The reason I asked the #2, I had this experience the other day when pulled out of a cold garage (not 60+F) and drove 30 miles:

Battery cold (not Preheated) to start the drive - Heater on - 2 seats heated - Steering wheel heated) - Average speed 30 miles, local roads
Outside temperature 17F = -8C
The car used 50 RM for 30 actual miles driven
50/30=1.67 ==> 67% more miles used

The reason I asked the #2, I had this experience the other day when pulled out of a cold garage (not 60+F) and drove 30 miles:

Battery cold (not Preheated) to start the drive - Heater on - 2 seats heated - Steering wheel heated) - Average speed 30 miles, local roads
Outside temperature 17F = -8C
The car used 50 RM for 30 actual miles driven
50/30=1.67 ==> 67% more miles used
Simple...heating up battery is about 3Kwh so about 10 miles of RM lost there. Cabin is probably the same amount (you drove an hour).
If you had driven 60mph you'd have potentially lost less miles!

• Helpful
Reactions: Droschke
I can pretty much guarantee an extension because of the duplicate class action law suit that was filled.

If only Tesla would be proactive. I doubt this will go away. I'm sure there more independent suits to be filled coming. I am currently researching a firm that could represent me. Guess they really think it's a game well we can play that game.

We should start a poll to predict when this action will come to its conclusion.

I'm going with July 2023.

I think the main thing that will drive the timeline is when NHTSA makes their decision to either accept or reject the Defect Petition that they are currently reviewing.

It seems like they must not feel it is a straight-forward safety issue since they have been reviewing it for so long, almost a year and a half at this point, with no decision; while with the MCU1 eMMC issue they went from PE to EA to requesting a recall in about 6 months.

If only Tesla would be proactive. I doubt this will go away. I'm sure there more independent suits to be filled coming. I am currently researching a firm that could represent me. Guess they really think it's a game well we can play that game.

Perhaps the result of Elon playing GOP, "The game of pennies"

Tesla is going to find out the meaning of externalized costs soon, it appears...

Reactions: gmo43
Same. Hilarious that this isn't an upgrade to MCU2.
Yes you can upgrade to MCU2 for 1000$ discount! If you do so you will save Tesla the recall's cost and they will make money on the MCU2 (they claim they are selling at cost). I would make them suffer and force the recall and then upgrade!

I got an email from Tesla for a voluntary recall but when I check into VIN number it's not posted on NHSTA for my car (2017 X)?

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
Woke up to this, not sure what they are: 20210202_050058.jpg

Woke up to this, not sure what they are:View attachment 633251

What else is different? Low ambient temps? Change to your charging routine?

What is the SOC showing? What was the SOC when you parked the car from last drive?

What kind of use patterns does your car have? (heavy / light right foot, short / long / mixed journeys, AC home charge vs Supercharge)