Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cmon

C’mon guys a resolution is IMMINENT I tell ya :p

Another way of looking at the voluntary recall is that Tesla is kicking the "Can",i.e, our cars down the road...allowing for attrition to reduce their exposure.

We can't schedule service, just wait our turn or do the upgrade.

At least we won't have the humiliation of making a appointment only to be told our cars are "Fine"

A slight disadvantage to those running the older releases, you will have to update. Perhaps get a third part chip while you still can, preferably a chip the that Mothership approves of per the SB.

What else is different? Low ambient temps? Change to your charging routine?

What is the SOC showing? What was the SOC when you parked the car from last drive?

What kind of use patterns does your car have? (heavy / light right foot, short / long / mixed journeys, AC home charge vs Supercharge)

Usually charge at 75% for work. Last week was colder and snow in the forecast so I charged to 90%. On Monday I left home at 85% reach work at 71% and likely made it home at 56%. The car charged to 64% then stopped.

Light foot driving and 60-70 miles a day commute. Only about 1MWh of DC charging.

I am thinking: heater, leak in the drive unit, or the battery. Tesla will come next Tuesday to look at.

Usually charge at 75% for work. Last week was colder and snow in the forecast so I charged to 90%. On Monday I left home at 85% reach work at 71% and likely made it home at 56%. The car charged to 64% then stopped.

Light foot driving and 60-70 miles a day commute. Only about 1MWh of DC charging.

I am thinking: heater, leak in the drive unit, or the battery. Tesla will come next Tuesday to look at.

Getting a little off topic here, just saying...

If it is the battery then it might be related to the topic. People asked for info.

@fbitz777 I have ScanMyTesla and when I get home I can BMS data, just let me know what data. I believe that the Voltage Supply too low is because the 12V was not charged since it stopped charging last night. I put the 12V on a battery tender before I left.

If it is the battery then it might be related to the topic. People asked for info.

@fbitz777 I have ScanMyTesla and when I get home I can BMS data, just let me know what data. I believe that the Voltage Supply too low is because the 12V was not charged since it stopped charging last night. I put the 12V on a battery tender before I left.

I also have SMT, and was able to diagnose in my case, the 12V was not being charged, and there were no abnormal voltages in the pack.

After a day of trickle charging, was able to drive to the SvC and it died in thier driveway.

Problem turned out to be contactors in the rear of the pack. In your case it could be dcdc converter has gone south.

Thanks for the charts.

1) You have provided two charts, each with four graphs. It would be helpful if you identify each colored graph on these charts.
But They are color coded, aren't they?

I scanned through approx 4100 recorded (by TeslaLogger) charging sessions of 85 cars, S85, P85, S85D, ...
The best recorded 20-80 performance pre 2019.16.x was 42 minutes, my best 20-80 with lots of German Autobahn to heat the battery was 51 minutes. My S85 seems to be affected in the least possible way.
So it's more than the promised 5 minutes longer, but also not really that bad after all.

Nevertheless, every day is a good day to remind Elon of his promise

The battery pack in your car is obviously very important and expensive to replace. In developing the Model S, we took great care to ensure that the battery would protect itself, always retaining a few percent of energy. If something goes wrong, it is therefore our fault, not yours.

Entwicklung des besten Service- und Garantieprogramms der Welt

yeah its another stay for mediation:

WHEREAS, on August 7, 2019, Plaintiff filed Class Action Complaint; WHEREAS, the parties had a mediation on July 24, 2020 with the Hon. Daniel Weinstein and Cathy Yanni of JAMS, Inc.; WHEREAS, this Court previously continued the stay of this litigation to facilitate the parties’ continuing discussions (ECF No. 37); WHEREAS, the parties are continuing their discussions in good faith and require additional time to complete them; WHEREAS, the parties desire to preserve the status quo and prevent the parties and the Court from unnecessarily expending resources pending mediation; THEREFORE, subject to the approval of the Court, the parties agree and stipulate as follows: The parties will report to the Court with an update on March 31, 2020. This matter shall be stayed until that date, and all other case deadlines shall be vacated. IT IS SO STIPULATED. Dated: February 2, 2021

i love how they can't even get the YEAR right in the text of the doc.....
march 31, 2020???? lol

• Funny
Reactions: gmo43 and JRP3

It certainly doesn't sound like your battery sees much stress.

Looks like I was off topic. I finish chatting with tech and I was told that errors BMS_w008, BMS_w010, BMS_f008 and BMS_f011 are related to the Brake Management System. I asked if he meant Battery and he confirmed it was Brake. I will stop posting here. Do I need to move or delete my posts?

Looks like I was off topic. I finish chatting with tech and I was told that errors BMS_w008, BMS_w010, BMS_f008 and BMS_f011 are related to the Brake Management System. I asked if he meant Battery and he confirmed it was Brake. I will stop posting here. Do I need to move or delete my posts?

Please do not stop posting here and don't delete your posts. What you came back with regarding what those errors mean is beneficial anyways even though it turned out that they are not battery related. All threads go a bit off topic here and there (we all have done it) and this thread is no exception. Please don't be discouraged.

Yes you can upgrade to MCU2 for 1000$ discount! If you do so you will save Tesla the recall's cost and they will make money on the MCU2 (they claim they are selling at cost). I would make them suffer and force the recall and then upgrade!

I got an email from Tesla for a voluntary recall but when I check into VIN number it's not posted on NHSTA for my car (2017 X)?
So I can upgrade my MCU1 car to MCU2 for $500 out-of-pocket rather than accepting the eMMC replacement?

Woke up to this, not sure what they are:View attachment 633251

Tesla is feeding you bull. Your errors are high voltage interlock loop node errors from the battery management system. If they think it's brake show them this:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2014/SB-10052449-4313.pdf

Tesla updated older car configurations for batteries to no longer use the default HVIL node settings after batterygate started. I've been watching for errors like this to show up in this thread. Why aren't the original Default values appropriate?