Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden Ludicrous Regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kandiru

Oct 20, 2014
USA
Listings
OK, I am driving this morning to work, all is well, just getting ready to join left lane when WHAM my head lurches forward and car is braking like crazy, green line all the way to bottom, I had to accelerate and push hard to regain some speed, car behind honking at the "brake check". Imagine if this had happened as I was accelerating into a lane change overtake.

The whole situation lasted the entire commute, Mario Kart regen all the time, insanely strong, could not release gas fully until feet from stoplights. The accelerator had the resistance of a brake pedal, I had to give it all I had, I even looked in the footwell to make sure I had the right pedal, proprioception intact but I could not believe what was happening.

No warning triangles, car was parked all night plugged in in heated garage.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Fingers crossed for commute home, 26F and no preconditioning after last software update so hopefully no more Luda regen!

Last edited:
And I have been looking forward to stronger regen, perhaps we could trade (except for the part where your accelerator pedal felt firm like the brake)!
Hi, I justgot my Model S 1 month ago and find that the regen braking power is different at times. I have it set to “standard”, and sometimes it regens just as if it was on “low” setting. But other times it regens quite forcefully and allows for one pedal driving. I prefer strong regen unless the weather or road conditions are bad. I believe the batteries must be warmed up sufficiently to allow forceful regen. Does this sound correct?

Hi, I justgot my Model S 1 month ago and find that the regen braking power is different at times. I have it set to “standard”, and sometimes it regens just as if it was on “low” setting. But other times it regens quite forcefully and allows for one pedal driving. I prefer strong regen unless the weather or road conditions are bad. I believe the batteries must be warmed up sufficiently to allow forceful regen. Does this sound correct

?Kandiru, post: 4408179, member: 29460"]OK, I am driving this morning to work, all is well, just getting ready to join left lane when WHAM my head lurches forward and car is braking like crazy, green line all the way to bottom, I had to accelerate and push hard to regain some speed, car behind honking at the "brake check". Imagine if this had happened as I was accelerating into a lane change overtake.

The whole situation lasted the entire commute, Mario Kart regen all the time, insanely strong, could not release gas fully until feet from stoplights. The accelerator had the resistance of a brake pedal, I had to give it all I had, I even looked in the footwell to make sure I had the right pedal, proprioception intact but I could not believe what was happening.

No warning triangles, car was parked all night plugged in in heated garage.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Fingers crossed for commute home, 26F and no preconditioning after last software update so hopefully no more Luda regen![/QUOTE]

Hi, I justgot my Model S 1 month ago and find that the regen braking power is different at times. I have it set to “standard”, and sometimes it regens just as if it was on “low” setting. But other times it regens quite forcefully and allows for one pedal driving. I prefer strong regen unless the weather or road conditions are bad. I believe the batteries must be warmed up sufficiently to allow forceful regen. Does this sound correct?
Over 85% battery reduces regen braking, 90% removes it completely. (Its also does not recommended to charge your car above 90% unless your planning a long trip)