Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden power loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 model 3, over 20,000 km.

For the third time, I lost all power and coasted to a stop. Fortunately there was room to pull of the road. After setting the parking brake normal operation was restored. I created (I think) a bug report, but Tesla does not seem to have seen it. Curiously, the previous occurrance of this occurred was in the same location - just about to turn left onto an on-ramp. The first time, several months ago was also on an on-ramp but a different location. Tesla service has examined the car remotely and can find nothing. All they suggest is to keep going as normal and see if it happens again.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how was it resolved?

Is there any error message on the screen when that happens? There should be something if you lose all power... pressing the accelerator does absolutely nothing?
Do you have "obstacle aware acceleration" turned on? This is known to cause slower acceleration in some cases. You might want to try turning that on and see if it helps.

Entering a "bug report" via voice command only stays on the car, nothing is sent to Tesla... When you enter a service request with the app you can tell them you took notes. This leaves marks in the car's logs that make it easier for the tech to find the moment you had a problem

Reactions: android04
2021 model 3, over 20,000 km.

For the third time, I lost all power and coasted to a stop. Fortunately there was room to pull of the road. After setting the parking brake normal operation was restored. I created (I think) a bug report, but Tesla does not seem to have seen it. Curiously, the previous occurrance of this occurred was in the same location - just about to turn left onto an on-ramp. The first time, several months ago was also on an on-ramp but a different location. Tesla service has examined the car remotely and can find nothing. All they suggest is to keep going as normal and see if it happens again.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how was it resolved?

The bug reports dont go anywhere. They are used as log pointers for the car logs, for when you take it in for service and say to them "It happened on this date, around this time, and I did a bug report". At that point someone can search through the car logs and look for that date / time.

When you say "bug report" and say something in the car, it doesnt get uploaded anywhere though.