TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sudden slowdown, AP1, latest firmware

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ev-now, Jan 24, 2017.

1. ev-now

ev-now Member

So had the update which restores the ability to set AP above speed limit on non-divide roads (as reference for which firmware, not because I want or approve of that).

Today, 45mph, driving past vehicles moving in (not out of) right-hand lane - car suddenly hits brakes HARD, not FCW. Then lets go. Did not get rear-ended, but looked pretty close in RVM.

Cannot say what was on screen (vehicles detected) as I was too busy watching the road and other vehicles.

Never had this before for moving vehicles - was getting it with stationary vehicles before update, but have not passed any candidates since update to know that's gone away for sure.

2. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

Tell your service center about it. Give them an approximate timestamp so they can review the logs. They may recommend re-calibrating the radar or other AP sensors.

3. ev-now

ev-now Member

Will do, consistent with occasional disabling of all DA features I guess.