TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sudden slowdown, AP1, latest firmware

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ev-now, Jan 24, 2017.

1. ev-now

ev-now Member

So had the update which restores the ability to set AP above speed limit on non-divide roads (as reference for which firmware, not because I want or approve of that).

Today, 45mph, driving past vehicles moving in (not out of) right-hand lane - car suddenly hits brakes HARD, not FCW. Then lets go. Did not get rear-ended, but looked pretty close in RVM.

Cannot say what was on screen (vehicles detected) as I was too busy watching the road and other vehicles.

Never had this before for moving vehicles - was getting it with stationary vehicles before update, but have not passed any candidates since update to know that's gone away for sure.

2. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

Tell your service center about it. Give them an approximate timestamp so they can review the logs. They may recommend re-calibrating the radar or other AP sensors.

3. ev-now

ev-now Member

Will do, consistent with occasional disabling of all DA features I guess.