Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden Unintended Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a driving technique that would be very helpful here. Not only for Tesla, but for all non manual transmission cars. Learn to use your left foot on the brake pedal. When I pull into a parking spot I hover my left food near the brake pedal. I seldom need it, but the reaction time is much better than right foot off the accelerator and on to the brake. The reaction is left foot down, right foot up and off the accelerator. I've driven this way for years. It is very useful when you are in a driving situation where you think quick braking might be necessary.

Reactions: mpt
There is a driving technique that would be very helpful here. Not only for Tesla, but for all non manual transmission cars. Learn to use your left foot on the brake pedal. When I pull into a parking spot I hover my left food near the brake pedal. I seldom need it, but the reaction time is much better than right foot off the accelerator and on to the brake. The reaction is left foot down, right foot up and off the accelerator. I've driven this way for years. It is very useful when you are in a driving situation where you think quick braking might be necessary.
Definitely. It takes a while to get used to using your left foot without any force ( compared to the clutch pedal some old piston cars have to have) but yes, there’s a reason why race drivers use both feet!

Definitely. It takes a while to get used to using your left foot without any force ( compared to the clutch pedal some old piston cars have to have) but yes, there’s a reason why race drivers use both feet!
Race drivers use both feet for faster switching between braking and accelerating which is important to shave off those fractions of a second around turns. This technique is not needed for everyday road driving. When using both feet, you are more likely to press both the brake and accelerator at the same time, which results in different issues depending on a car you are driving, including unnecessary brake wear and higher energy consumption (lower mileage). Can it be done perfectly, sure, however most people will not get it perfect every time, or even most of the time.