Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suddenly, we are the enemy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching the recent events, anarchy and suddenly realized that those of us who develop, promote and purchase EVs have become the enemy. We’re the “rich” that these anarchists are out to destroy. We’re on the cusp of transition to a clean energy economy and it feels like we’re about to lose it all if these extremists get their way. Elon has already said he’s pulling HQ and future programs from CA... if this continues it wouldn’t surprise me to see him leave the US. How do we fix this?

Watching the recent events, anarchy and suddenly realized that those of us who develop, promote and purchase EVs have become the enemy. We’re the “rich” that these anarchists are out to destroy. We’re on the cusp of transition to a clean energy economy and it feels like we’re about to lose it all if these extremists get their way. Elon has already said he’s pulling HQ and future programs from CA... if this continues it wouldn’t surprise me to see him leave the US. How do we fix this?

Nothing has changed.

Reactions: gaswalla
What anarchists? Maybe stop watching FoxNews. This is about as pleasant and orderly as we've ever seen human society.

And just to be clear.....the rich ARE the problem, we just aren't rich. Rich is $1B+ net worth. They've rigged the system to make their inequality easier to maintain than ever. It's a problem.

I live in North Philly and can tell you poor black people and hipster anarchist wanna-be's understand and respect what Tesla is doing. EVs have nothing to do with it.

Can we delete this thread?

Well relative to many, we ARE the rich. We’re driving $80-100K cars when many can barely afford a decent used car. I live in a relatively poor, rural area of western NY state and had someone tell me this week that “driving a car like that (Model X) around here shows a total lack of empathy.” I’m just glad that I happened to be there or my car probably would have been keyed.