Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suffolk county, NY model Y LR AWD WAITING!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May 28, 2021 I placed my order for my model Y and I added everything they wanted on the website. Insurance, trade in pictures and all.. have not received a delivery date or a VIN number.. any one else in Suffolk county, NY waiting for there Tesla ?

May 28, 2021 I placed my order for my model Y and I added everything they wanted on the website. Insurance, trade in pictures and all.. have not received a delivery date or a VIN number.. any one else in Suffolk county, NY waiting for there Tesla ?
I ordered the end of April and nothing yet but spoke with SA for the first time today and he said definitely before the end of June for a smithtown delivery 🤷‍♂️

Placed my order 5/11 MYLR wht/blck delivery date went from June5-june30 then to June 15-June30 then it changed again to another date in June. Spoke with a SA at the Smithtown location she said I will be receiving it the last week in June. Sunday the date changed to July 17- Aug 4 now it says September this is absolutely ridiculous and I hope it is a glitch.

Placed my order 5/11 MYLR wht/blck delivery date went from June5-june30 then to June 15-June30 then it changed again to another date in June. Spoke with a SA at the Smithtown location she said I will be receiving it the last week in June. Sunday the date changed to July 17- Aug 4 now it says September this is absolutely ridiculous and I hope it is a glitch.
That’s awful, I haven’t called my advisor yet but they did ask me if I had a referral number I want to use. My account now says September for delivery!!! Omg hate this feeling.. it’s like waiting on a Amazon package… I love Amazon packages

That’s awful, I haven’t called my advisor yet but they did ask me if I had a referral number I want to use. My account now says September for delivery!!! Omg hate this feeling.. it’s like waiting on a Amazon package… I love Amazon packages
My Advisor no longer responds to my emails I sent her my referral code two weeks ago and haven’t heard back for her since. I’m hoping it is a glitch and I can still expect it for late June. I have prime I hate waiting lol

My Advisor no longer responds to my emails I sent her my referral code two weeks ago and haven’t heard back for her since. I’m hoping it is a glitch and I can still expect it for late June. I have prime I hate waiting lol
Yea I heard Tesla advisors are not that engaging, since they moved my estimated delivery in September I’ve just accepted the fact I’m not getting my Tesla no time soon.

Has anyone heard about PSEG giving rebates for having gen 2 chargers in your home?

Fyi there is a rebate and time of rate rewards program. You have to buy a chargepoint charger or juicebox charger. They give you $500. Then every quarter you get a rewards check for the time of use rate savings. It pays not to use the gen 2 Tesla charger.

The chargepoint charger is better than the Tesla wall connector. I've had both. Really chargepoint just allows you to control it in an app and see a few stats. It looks like the price of the chargepoint charger has gone up over $100. Must be inflation.

Last edited:
Fyi there is a rebate and time of rate rewards program. You have to buy a chargepoint charger. They give you $500. Then every quarter you get a rewards check for the time of use rate savings.

The chargepoint charger is better than the Tesla wall connector. I've had both. Strangely it looks like the price of the chargepoint charger has gone up over $100. Must be inflation.
Cool thanks, I might just get it … estimated delivery date is September 😑

Just to update this, I still haven't taken delivery. I was scheduled last week when the car arrived (exactly one week ago) but they noticed a possible issue with the screen cutting out and the master tech wanted to change the coaxial cable that feeds the screen from the MCU. He said it's a very simple fix and takes 10 mins (the cable runs behind the glovebox). They gave me a MYP to use for the week so I cannot complain that much! But hopefully today is the day! Delivery scheduled for 5pm!

How can you add insurance without a vin?
You don't. You leave that empty until you get your insurance binder once you have a VIN. Tesla provides that box now because in other states you can buy a car by showing insurance on your other cars.
Don’t know but all I did was upload a photo of my current insurance.. I guess they are ok with that because I’m trading my vehicle
Nope. You will need to go back and put in your insurance binder on this new car once you get a VIN. You could have left it blank in the meantime.

Reactions: Jaywalker36
Just left Tesla Smithtown since my Advisor doesn’t answer my emails anymore. Turns out she no longer works on that team anymore. He did say that my delivery date is for July 08 to the 28th and it’s not September. He did say it shows that my MY should be delivered on July 18 but he did give me some type of hope that if someone does fall through or wants to hold off on the Tesla and have the same specs as me I can get it sooner. He said they have been getting 10 cars a day and 40 cars going out.