Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggested changes/improvements for next year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I didn't attend the event, I did watch it online. A big thank you for posting it online.

I love Q&A sessions, but I agree it would help to have some kind of controls on it. If you keep an open Q&A format, maybe have a few rules -- avoid thank you's or keep them extremely brief, no more asking for jobs (nothing against those who have done it in the past, but it is not of benefit to anyone outside of the person asking the question so should be taken offline), and avoid stories that precede the question or keep them extremely brief. And no multi-questions, unless they are very closely related. I personally feel the biggest offender of lost time are the personal stories. Stories are great, but with the limited Q&A time, people need to be reminded to keep it very brief to allow for more people to ask questions. It's particularly bad if the story doesn't even end with a question (can't remember if that happened any at Teslive, but I've seen it before).

Big thanks, and I hope everyone who got to go really enjoyed it. I wish I could have been there.

I would appreciate a much earlier announcement of the date.
I believe that a big part of the moving timeline was to accommodate Elon's schedule!

- - - Updated - - -

If the questions for Elon were vetted, there wouldn't be a guy asking Elon how he feels about women, because they aren't "techie" :wink: I know, I know, I keep bringing this up. Definitely a sore point for me, but hey, if it wasn't for that guy, I'd have nothing to complain about regarding TESLIVE!!
I know that guy stole the show for the low-light in the Q&A, but up there had to be the guy who started by giving his company name and making sure that everyone knew he was a big investor and what was Elon going to DO for people like him?

- - - Updated - - -

teslive hottub debates now (eom)

Crowne plaza 3rd floor
My recommendation would be a hotel with a bigger hottub!!!

Was a great event and enjoyed meeting many people on the forum... :cool: Suggestions:

- Enough seats in main discussions for all attendees. Saw too many people having to stand for the opening of the event and the Leilani/Elon/Jerome discussions
- User IDs more prevalent on badge and badge with a clip on each side to prevent it from turning over so you can see the User ID given that is primarily how we know each other.
- For Q&A, limit time for people asking 'questions' to allow more people an opportunity

I appreciate that, but even announcing the target month, or several week timeframe six months in advance would be a big help to some of us.
Could not agree with you more. I had booked out my office for the last week in June, the original date, and then found out that it was moved to a date that I could not make (at at the last hour was able to make half of). I totally get it :cursing:

Enjoyed viewing the Q&A session online. However, it might be worth submitting some of the more fanciful/fun questions in advance for pre-recorded responses by Elon and other Tesla Execs. This might free up more time for the nuts and bolts Tesla questions to be given during the live Q&A session.