Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggested Price on 2008 Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What options does it have? Hardtop? HPC? Which charging cables? Which wheels?
It would be helpful if you gave a more detailed description.
Search online for comparable Roadsters that are for sale and see what their asking price is, with the understanding that asking price and actual selling price is different.
Good luck.

What options does it have? Hardtop? HPC? Which charging cables? Which wheels?
It would be helpful if you gave a more detailed description.
Search online for comparable Roadsters that are for sale and see what their asking price is, with the understanding that asking price and actual selling price is different.
Good luck.

Thanks for the post. This was my husband's car, and he knew it inside and out, but he unfortunately passed away recently. So I don't have a handle on all of the details (like where to find a list of the options), nor have I been able to figure out some basic questions about how to operate the thing in the absence of an owner's manual (the radio/nav is a total mystery so far), but I am working on getting Tesla and/or another Roadster owner to give me some advice.

Thanks for the post. This was my husband's car, and he knew it inside and out, but he unfortunately passed away recently. So I don't have a handle on all of the details (like where to find a list of the options), nor have I been able to figure out some basic questions about how to operate the thing in the absence of an owner's manual (the radio/nav is a total mystery so far), but I am working on getting Tesla and/or another Roadster owner to give me some advice.

Do you know anyone local that would be willing to help you list the car. Roadsters are quite unique with accessories and type that can influence the price. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully, someone on the West Coast and reach out to help you personally.

Did Tesla mention reaching out to Shift? They are an auto selling service that was starting to work with Tesla last year. I sold my roadster and another vehicle with them and thought they did a reasonable job while taking care of a lot of the details and associated hassle. Might consider looking them up. I haven't kept up with their status since mine sold, but if they are the same or more progressed from when I used them, I'd feel comfortable recommending them for someone that doesn't want to do it all themselves.

Good luck whatever route you choose.

1) I'm sure we are all sorry for your tragic loss. My condolences.
2) TESLA has a list of all cars by VIN/ Vehicle Identification Number. They can tell you what options you have if you give them the VIN
3) TEG is a person on the website who can also tell you your entire car's history of you give him the VIN. His depth of knowledge is second to none.

4) DO NOT SELL THE CAR WITHOUT ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT OPTIONS! Make sure you get top dollar.

5) Summer is the best time to sell a car as prices peak in the warmer months.

Best of luck.

T

If you need help just PM me and I'll do what I can to assist. I am on the SF Peninsula.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear of your loss. The first advice I would give is to be sure to keep the car plugged in if it's not operated (and recharged) regularly. If the battery goes totally flat, it can be very expensive to fix.

The radio/nav is a mystery to most of us, so don't sweat it.

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions! And all of the offers to help as well.

Glad to know that I am not the only one dumbfounded by the radio.

I think I may have missed a message from someone. If you posted after gregd's post, please try again. I got a message about a new post, but I don't see it here or in my inbox.

Sorry for your loss. Let me know if your potential buyer doesn't work out. I am also interested in a roadster to drive regularly.

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions! And all of the offers to help as well.

Glad to know that I am not the only one dumbfounded by the radio.

I think I may have missed a message from someone. If you posted after gregd's post, please try again. I got a message about a new post, but I don't see it here or in my inbox.

Last edited:
By the way, here is an old picture of Roadster 109:

r109.jpg

Wow, TEG, you are all-knowing/all-seeing! Thanks for posting the picture. I am hoping to get it all sparkly for a potential buyer!

R109,

My sincere condolences. It's hard.

Good luck with the sale. It's a beautiful car! I'm not a roadster owner but know several who are; good souls and generous hearts seems to be the norm.

Really nice to see several step up with offers to help out. Great community.