Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggested Tesla Supercharger locations in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stephen, I signed up with ChargePoint and am now awaiting my card. Coincidentally, I talked to one of their reps about putting one of their chargers in the parking lot of my business, so I may be the only public charge station in Longview if I choose to do that. Unfortunately, most of the chargers are only 30 amps, so not great news for us Model S owners.

- - - Updated - - -

Cattledog...Thanks for sharing!

Stephen, I signed up with ChargePoint and am now awaiting my card. Coincidentally, I talked to one of their reps about putting one of their chargers in the parking lot of my business, so I may be the only public charge station in Longview if I choose to do that. Unfortunately, most of the chargers are only 30 amps, so not great news for us Model S owners.

- - - Updated - - -

Cattledog...Thanks for sharing!

Check out
EV | Volt | Electric Vehicle Charging Station | ClipperCreek, CA

as well. They have much higher power J1772 chargers with access control (credit card billing) too.

Superchargers in Texas

KenEE - Elon mentioned it in passing in the call. I don't have the exact quote, but when he was talking about expanding the Supercharger network he specifically said 'Texas' as one spot. It would be great to get the triangle covered and then be part of the first coast to coast along I-10. I think those odds would be pretty good for CtC as I-10 is warmer than any other northern route (see Broder, John). Also, Phoenix/Houston/Florida appear to be just as legitimate concentration points of users vs. Denver/Chicago/NE Corridor (no data just looking at Tesla's maps).

Still think a commercial deal with a company that has nationwide presence (one real estate deal vs. hundreds/thousands) would be the ticket.

Anything on the call about Superchargers in Texas?

I was surprised, especially as buying a Tesla in TX is such a PITA at the moment. I think TX also ranks second or third for number of charging stations. A state of contradictions I guess.

Most likely population. Only California has more people. In addition, most folks in Texas aren't Texans (meaning they don't hail from Texas).