Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion: A Way to Jump Start or Boost Another Ev

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All, Just thought of this while looking out across the street and seeing the neighbor's NIssan Leaf. Has been sitting there for several days now and normally they keep it in the garage. What if their battery was dead and they are waiting on Nissan Support or something or other to get this battery charged enough to get back into the garage and plug in? I haven't talked to them yet.

Here's my thought. If all EV's came with an adapter plug(s) or there is off the shelf to adapter to another EV or same, to be able to connect a short cable with this adapter, between the two cars, maybe flip a switch for energy to flow externally, along with circuitry to sense the type of vehicles, and be able to charge the dead battery in the other car? It wouldn't have to be a full charge. You could set a limit on the display possibly.
How do I get this suggestion out there into the wild? Maybe I just did?! What are your thoughts? Do you think this is needed for those once in a while emergencies? You could be a hero too! ;)