Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Suggestion: Deactivate easy entry when the car detects a rear passenger

Hey..simple suggestion for the Tesla software engineers.

Can we have a setting that detects when a rear passenger is in the car and therefore deactivates the “Easy Entry” setting.

Normally I am a solo driver with no occupants, but every weekend when I’m with my kids, their legs get smooshed because of Easy Entry when I put the car into Park. The car knows that someone is in the back because the seatbelt monitor goes off.

Hoping this gets forwarded to the Tesla engineers.

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
That is the main reason I only have easy entry move the steering wheel up and away. I don't need the seat backing up in case someone is behind me.

I am not sure a Tesla unaffiliated forum is the best place to post suggestions you want to get to Tesla. At a minimum, the Tesla official forum would be a better place to request suggestions and I have seen some sites dedicated to suggestions (where people can vote on the suggestions) but not sure how much Tesla checks either of those. What seems to be the most effective is tweeting Elon directly and on occasion he replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC