Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

suggestion for new 19 inch tires Model s 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks
I need opinion of this esteemed group
I need to replace my original tires to new 19 inch tires. I am looking for a tires which give a smooth comfortable ride which hopefully will last at least 30000 miles
Suggestions

Thanks

Hi Folks
I need opinion of this esteemed group
I need to replace my original tires to new 19 inch tires. I am looking for a tires which give a smooth comfortable ride which hopefully will last at least 30000 miles
Suggestions

Thanks
My 19" S is on the 2nd set of Goodyear Eagle RS-A2. They are cheap at $182 and I really have no problem with them. They seem to last ~ 40K mi and I use 320 wH/mi @ 80 mph. I am in FL and don't need all season tires and wonder if it is worth it to get the $300 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 with eco and quiet running? They may not use less juice or be noticeably quieter. For more money they may wear out quickly being Summer high performance. Anyone switch from those ones to the other?

Reactions: maximizese
Upvote 0
I highly recommend Pirelli P Zero AS Plus Elect. These are designed for ev’s. Discount Tire has them.
I just had the Elects installed at Discount Tire. (Also available at Tire Rack) Replaced the P7 Plus II tires under warranty that lasted only 19,000 miles. Much quieter than the P7's, but time will tell. There is a large selection of tires available now with foam on the inside of the tire that claim to be engineered for "electric driving".

Attachments

• 20220801_191913.jpg
    20220801_191913.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: byeLT4
Upvote 0
I used p7 plus All season, oem, and continental purecontact. The most comfortable and least noisy is the continental. The most range would be the p7, but very slightly. Probably 290wh/mi vs 293wh/mi for the p7. I get around 30-35K miles out of my tires. Continental is still up in the air, but base on the way it is going, ill be way short of its 70K miles warranty. So make sure you buy tires with warranty so they can prorate you the difference when replacing them. Perrelli does have the p7 plus AS II, but I have not tried those. I gave up on the P7 after they failed twice to get any where near the warranty they claimed. And they feel very harsh when it is near its end of life.

Upvote 0
I used p7 plus All season, oem, and continental purecontact. The most comfortable and least noisy is the continental. The most range would be the p7, but very slightly. Probably 290wh/mi vs 293wh/mi for the p7. I get around 30-35K miles out of my tires. Continental is still up in the air, but base on the way it is going, ill be way short of its 70K miles warranty. So make sure you buy tires with warranty so they can prorate you the difference when replacing them. Perrelli does have the p7 plus AS II, but I have not tried those. I gave up on the P7 after they failed twice to get any where near the warranty they claimed. And they feel very harsh when it is near its end of life.
That is exactly what I did - I processed a warranty claim with Pirelli as the Cinturato P7 AS II Plus tires were down to 4/32 at close to 19,000 miles, and in less than 2 years. The AS Plus 2has been discontinued, and replaced with the AS Plus 3 . I'm finding the P Zero Elect to be really quiet, as they use a similar foam configuration within the tire as the Continental. Unknown if they will make it to 50K, but it's a definite improvement over the P7's

Upvote 0
I just had the Elects installed at Discount Tire. (Also available at Tire Rack) Replaced the P7 Plus II tires under warranty that lasted only 19,000 miles. Much quieter than the P7's, but time will tell. There is a large selection of tires available now with foam on the inside of the tire that claim to be engineered for "electric driving".
@myoda what tire size did you use for the rears of your Model S as I heard that Pirelli P Zero AS+ Elects doesn't support 285/40R19? I have a 2017 model S with 255/45 front and 285/40 in the rear.

Upvote 0
I’m using the goodyear eagle exhilarate® tire and like them a lot.
I like these tires too. I've had the OEMs (were they Continentals?), Goodyear Eagle Touring (3 pairs) Michelin Pilot Sport and Michelin MXM4 on my 2016 Model S and I think these Exhilarates are my favorite and a good price. Thank you to some of the posters who reviewed them. Heads up to some who haven't had this problem: if you buy 3rd party and not through Tesla, they will not tow you to Tesla service and repair your tire. This is the downside of not going through Tesla service. But the economics are still better of having AAA and getting a tow to your 3rd party shop.

Upvote 0
My 2021 Plaid came with 19" Pirelli P Zero. but had no special designation. Pirelli has traditionally custom-designed high performance OEM.

The Elect was first on the Porsche Taycan:
Then the Lucid was featured with HL:

Despite the lack of specific notation for Elect, HL or PNCS:

...my tires seem very efficient (even with a recent 200 mile trip averaging ~75 MPH for the entire trip I averaged 305 Wh/mi!) as does the car. I admit that despite the Plaid I drive fairly conservatively. However I drove my 2014 P85D+ just the same and on that identical trip measured in early 2015 340 Wh/mi. FWIW, that trip is across Florida's Alligator Alley, which allows constant speed with zero interruption for ~100 miles, flat and straight and I often do the round trip in the same day. That car had Michelin MX4's that latest ~40,000 miles.

When I replace the tires on my Plaid I'll probably stick with the then-latest Pirelli EV tire unless something wonderful has happened from another supplier in the meantime.

I'm reluctant to be too definitive since the combination of efficiency, silence, high load capacity seems to be the 'holy grail' for tire technology right now so leapfrogging seems almost inevitable.

FWIW, my 2022 Volvo XC40 EV also came with custom designed PZero. The tires have none of those labels but are specific to only the BEV version of the car. Obviously no comparison with any Tesla is ridiculous, since this one is, as a BEV, grossly inefficient, at average of 650 Wh/mi in modest driving. Great tires, lousy BEV, except for the Google Maps.

Upvote 0
Since both are mentioned in this thread, how do the PIRELLI P ZERO AS PLUS ELECT compare to the CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT LS?

Need new tiers and both are priced about the same, and both seem pretty good.

CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT LS for $253/ea with 70k mi warranty or the PIRELLI P ZERO AS PLUS ELECT for $265/ea with 50k mi warranty?

Decisions, decisions...

Upvote 0
Since both are mentioned in this thread, how do the PIRELLI P ZERO AS PLUS ELECT compare to the CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT LS?

Need new tiers and both are priced about the same, and both seem pretty good.

CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT LS for $253/ea with 70k mi warranty or the PIRELLI P ZERO AS PLUS ELECT for $265/ea with 50k mi warranty?

Decisions, decisions...
Here is my update on the pure contact ls. It is definitely more comfortable, but the 70K warranty is way out of proportion. I am on my last 5K miles and I have only put around 15K miles since the tire change. I might go back to cinturanto p7 plus since they have the 2nd gen version and maybe better. The first version lasted around 25-30K miles.

Upvote 0