Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion for Tesla in HK (Superchargers vs Servicing vs Sales)

What should Tesla HK invest in next?

• More Superchargers

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Expand servicing dept to keep up with numbers of cars sold

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Expand sales team to better address questions by potential buyers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read an article this morning about the advanced servicing system that they rolled out in the US: Log In - The New York Times

It sort of irks me that it seems we always read about new and great things happening with Tesla but it seems there's Tesla US and Tesla Rest Of The World....

Then I read about a post by the HK Tesla Lovers Club Facebook page about the confirmation of the Festival Walk Superchargers and here are my thoughts:

Adding Superchargers is great. But I think that money should have been spent in opening another servicing center and/or more service dept staff. By adding Superchargers, it will allow the Sales team to sell the car easier to new buyers. So IMO adding SCs will only increase sales numbers.

But once you increase the number of cars sold in HK, the servicing problem will only get worse. I say problem because currently there are posts here and other owners sharing stories on different platforms that simple things such as a promise to call back (myself experienced this) is not kept and waiting period to bring a car in is quite long. So really Superchargers increases number of cars sold but will actually increase the number of unhappy customers AFTER they are sold.

All in all, I still love my Tesla :tongue: but I'm concerned they are heading after pure sales sales sales and once a car is sold, the customer is hung out to dry. This is a very short sighted strategy as unhappy customers will damage the brand far faster than any media article or sales pitch about "there's lots of charging stations". IMO, you expand servicing capacity first and happy customers will bring more customers to you. And wasn't that Mr Musk's strategy in the first place? The car sells itself through happy customers?

I'm going to try to add a poll to this post and see what people would rather Tesla HK spend their money on:
- More Superchargers
- Expanding servicing dept to reduce waiting times and more detailed follow up
- Expanding sales team to better answer questions by potential customers
- If you have other suggestion, post it here