Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would this forum be the best place to submit a suggestion to Tesla? If not, a link to the right page would be most appreciated!!

TIA,
David

You can, but this website is not affiliated in any way, shape or form with tesla so there isnt any guarantee it will go anywhere. As for "where to submit suggestions", well, Tesla doesnt really want individual owner suggestions.

If enough of a "hoohah" about something surfaces online, they likely look into it. Otherwise, they go from all their data the cars collect on usage of various features, etc to make changes. They dont want suggestions from individuals. If they did, they wouldnt have done things like get rid of their PR department, shut down their own website forums, etc.

Just calling it like I see it.

I would seriously doubt anybody at Tesla would read these forums. And if they do it's to laugh at the guesses people make on how things on the car work. They certainly aren't looking on here for bug fixes. But, I have reported a few bugs via the microphone button and at least a couple have been implemented. (Which is likely either a complete coincidence or because many other people reported the same thing). The last one was moving the Preheating for Supercharging notification because it was in the same position as the Autopilot nag. Anyway, just press the microphone button and say "Bug Report" and then state what you want changed. It can't hurt.

Reactions: KArnold
I would seriously doubt anybody at Tesla would read these forums. And if they do it's to laugh at the guesses people make on how things on the car work. They certainly aren't looking on here for bug fixes. But, I have reported a few bugs via the microphone button and at least a couple have been implemented. (Which is likely either a complete coincidence or because many other people reported the same thing). The last one was moving the Preheating for Supercharging notification because it was in the same position as the Autopilot nag. Anyway, just press the microphone button and say "Bug Report" and then state what you want changed. It can't hurt.
Sorry, I've not noticed that button yet. Where is it positioned?

I would seriously doubt anybody at Tesla would read these forums.
And I would tell you that I know for 100% fact that, in fact, sometimes tesla employess do read these forums. I will also state that this is not a guess, but I am not going to discuss specifics.

I will also tell you that those bug reports are simply log files in your individual cars logs and do not go anywhere. They are only useful if you have a bug, make a bug report, then take your car into service and tell the service person "issue such and such happened on day so and so, and I made a bug report".

They are not "sent" anywhere for someone to review them, so you can certainly do it if it makes you feel better but they dont go anywhere.

They do have a chat window on the support website, but that only works on business hours PST.
I asked the support folks where the feedback options went and so far they have all said to use the phone app and log a service call.
It seems odd to open a service call for a simple question, but they do seem to be geared up for it and it certainly seems to work.