TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Suggestion: More posts per page?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by donaldp, Mar 26, 2015.

1. donaldp

donaldp Member

I have spent a lot of time on many auto forums over the years but have never found a forum as popular as this one.

My suggestion is that the number of posts per page be expanded from 10 to 30 or 40 like on other less popular forums so that when surfing through threads, you don't need to change pages so often. Seems needless to have threads with hundreds of 10-post pages when the number could be factored dramatically. Please advise if this change is something that I can affect myself. If it is, I am ignorant as to how.

Didn't know where to post this suggestion so I expect it will be moved to a more appropriate place very quickly.

P.S. Tried to fix my typo of SUGGESTION in the thread title but could not after submitting.

2. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

On my iPhone Tapatalk app I can specify the number of posts per page, and I have it as 30.

You are right that I would rather have as much as posts in one page vs wading through 5 pages.

3. TDR32

TDR32 Member

When using the website you can go to Forum Actions then General Settings. About three quarters of the way down the settings page you can change the number of posts to display per page. It will say "Forum Default" but you can adjust it all the way up to 500 posts per page.

4. donaldp

donaldp Member

Thank you TDR32, much better now! You sure are up late back there in Maine!

5. TDR32

TDR32 Member

Glad it worked for you. I was up with son and couldn't sleep.