Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion: Remote Driver Selection

Would you like to see a remote “Select Driver” function in the Tesla App?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we can “Turn On” the HVAC remotely, it seems like Tesla could program the app to “Select Driver” in advance, so that when you open the door, the seats, steering wheel and mirrors are already configured for you (rather than, say, your spouse).

This is something that is really needed. In my situation I am 6'2" tall, my wife is 5'0'"....when the seat is in her position (no matter the car), I really can't get in. I have to push the seat back before I can get in at all. This feature is HIGHLY needed for me.

This is something that is really needed. In my situation I am 6'2" tall, my wife is 5'0'"....when the seat is in her position (no matter the car), I really can't get in. I have to push the seat back before I can get in at all. This feature is HIGHLY needed for me.

I have the same problem (only a little less 6'1" to 5'2") I select easy entry for my spouse's profile and that solves the problem for me

Reactions: RandyBug
Elon has said that driver profile linking to your phone key is coming in a future software version, which is likely better than having to get out your phone, unlock it, launch the app, and then select the driver profile.

Elon has said that driver profile linking to your phone key is coming in a future software version, which is likely better than having to get out your phone, unlock it, launch the app, and then select the driver profile.
I can see the appeal of this. jamnmon66 said the same thing. Oddly, I prefer the manual choice. It's related to the fact that today, whenever you open any car door, everything turns on, including HVAC, when all I want to do is put something in the back seat prior to heading out, say a few minutes later. It seems rather inefficient to have all that gear fire up for just a short time, ahead of actual entering the car to drive.

I don't mean to pile on, but the app takes an inordinate amount of time to “Wake Up,” as it is, which hopefully will improve with versions, or will be an argument for the automatic configuring some of you favor.

Thanks for chiming in. The cool thing, is the conversation is about improvements we couldn't even discuss with a CONVENTIONAL automobile. With Tesla, the term auto-mobile, actually finally fits!

I'd rather have it set to my profile based on my phone being used to unlock the car

This is basically what my Acura TL does - the Key fob used to unlock the car determines the seat and mirror settings. My wife and I just use the different fobs and it always sets it for the current driver.

Sure you have to manually adjust every once and a while if you take the other fob, or whatever, but it works just fine.

Lets say you AND your spouse/someone with a configured phone key get into the car together, can it tell that it is YOU getting into the driver's seat? Both phones would be in range... I'm trying to figure out how the car would know which of the two of you is getting into the driver's seat.

Lets say you AND your spouse/someone with a configured phone key get into the car together, can it tell that it is YOU getting into the driver's seat? Both phones would be in range... I'm trying to figure out how the car would know which of the two of you is getting into the driver's seat.

The S&X adjust to the first fob that it sees. The Model 3 has many more BT sensors and can probably tell which side a given device is on, so I think it will be able to make the correct decision.

This would be another augment for keeping the selection manual ... from the app.