Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion to Elon Musk: Require override to move Model X when FWD is open.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Model X group on FB somebody posted this response from Tesla regarding this issue:

"Thank you for contacting the Executive Care Team.

I definitely want to help you to bring this to the responsible team's attention. As far as I know there are three warning chimes which report one of the falcon wing doors is open and these three chimes continue as long as the vehicle is in drive/reverse and the doors have not been closed yet. The only way to override them is by pulling the left stalk twice (at least for vehicles in which the steering wheel is on the left hand side). Apart from that the displayed sounds and visuals on the touchscreen are already quite alarming and hard to miss.

However, maybe an optional choice can be implemented to allow every customer to choose if they would like to activate an additional layer of protection. I have relayed a feature request in our system for you and all our Model X owners.

For future inquiries, please directly reach out to our 24/7 dedicated customer support team:

[email protected]

Thank you and everyone in the Facebook group for providing feedback and for the trust in our company!"

On the Model X group on FB somebody posted this response from Tesla regarding this issue:

"Thank you for contacting the Executive Care Team.

I definitely want to help you to bring this to the responsible team's attention. As far as I know there are three warning chimes which report one of the falcon wing doors is open and these three chimes continue as long as the vehicle is in drive/reverse and the doors have not been closed yet. The only way to override them is by pulling the left stalk twice (at least for vehicles in which the steering wheel is on the left hand side). Apart from that the displayed sounds and visuals on the touchscreen are already quite alarming and hard to miss.

However, maybe an optional choice can be implemented to allow every customer to choose if they would like to activate an additional layer of protection. I have relayed a feature request in our system for you and all our Model X owners.

For future inquiries, please directly reach out to our 24/7 dedicated customer support team:

[email protected]

Thank you and everyone in the Facebook group for providing feedback and for the trust in our company!"

This would be great. To be honest, I think the default should not allow the car to be driven with the doors open, such as the case with the charging cable. As I've said before, I can't see any legitimate reason someone would want to drive with the doors open on a regular basis. Sounds absurd!

Reactions: dogldogl