TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Suggestion to improve falcon door's safety while opening

Discussion in 'Model X' started by edisonfok, Jun 3, 2014.

1. edisonfok

edisonfok Member

I find out falcon door open quite slowly, which is hard for drivers to notice the door is opening. Specially when you open the doors on car park's driveway right after a blind spot, some reckless driver won't slow down and assume you will give way but not notice that the door is opening.

I suggest the taillights should be flash automatically when the door is opening to warn other drivers. Tesla should even consider use the back camera to detect moving object that will affect the doors' opening.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The door only opens a few inches at it's widest. It's not a gull wing. Even a standard door opens wider. I don't see this being an issue.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Agree. Run the animation on the Tesla website of the door opening and it will be clear this is not an issue. See Model X | Tesla Motors